21/05/2013 :: Intermediate Architect
Valerio Architects is an acclaimed mid size ±40 people multi-disciplinary Architecture and Interior Design firm with offices in Los Angeles and New York and with a wide range of large, high profile multinational clients. Our focus is on corporate interiors, brand development, hospitality, restaurant and retail projects with an emphasis on complex, high quality, sustainable solutions.
We are seeking smart, creative and highly motivated individuals to join our close knit team of professionals. We are looking for candidates interested in a long term position with tremendous growth opportunities.
We have multiple positions open at all levels of experience. All positions require a minimum of an Architecture degree from an accredited college and 3 to 5 years of professional experience with a US Architecture office. Ability to work independently and knowledge of common CAD and office applications required. We are looking forward to hearing about you and meeting you to discuss opportunities with our firm.
Send a cover letter and resume outlining your past work, project history and salary requirements to email
Excellent opportunity for growth.
Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience.
Benefits, including full medical, dental, vision, 401K, parking, vacations, etc.
Candidates with legal U.S. work status only.
21/05/2013 :: Interiors Architect / Interior Designer
We are a medium architectural firm based in Florida, USA. We are currently providing under an exclusive consulting contract architectural / interior planning services for a specialty client with global presence. Services are provided in collaboration with the client’s internal planning/drafting team, within their Facilities Planning Department located in West Hollywood, California.
Our services entail tasks in the Pre-design and primarily Schematic Planning Phases. We coordinate our Schematic Phases with Architectural /Engineering professionals who are aligned to execute Design Development, CD, CA Phases based on location. The majority of the projects are Interior Adaptive Reuse/Renovations of existing buildings, primarily in urban contexts. For each project we implement the same set of Space Program data, with variables, established by the client and our team. The buildings are located across the globe and United States, ranging between 35,000 sq.ft. to 65,000+ sq.ft.
Pay Range: Hourly rate commensurate with experience. Initiation of services on a contract basis.
Job Description: Interiors focused Architect or Interior Designer with proficiency in Space Planning of corporate offices.
- The Interior Space Planner shall work under the supervision and in collaboration with the Senior Architect in charge within the client’s Facilities Planning Department. The candidate shall also work closely with the Client’s assigned junior planners, and drafting staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, or Interior Design with a minimum of 4 years experience in corporate office planning. Experience with Educational Facilities and Retail Space planning a plus, but not required.
- We will not exclude Architects or Interior Designers with 20+ years experience as candidates for this position. AutoCAD, Revit knowledge is not required.
- Fundamental knowledge of Building Systems to comprehend MEP/Structural Consultant’s inspection reports of existing buildings. Proficient in comprehension of As-built drawings, client’s Space Program requirements, and implementation of space program data in an existing building.
- Fundamental comprehension and application of IBC (International Building Codes), Life Safety Codes and ADA.
- Proficient with execution of Schematic Design Phase tasks, such as: Implementation of Space Program via the use of blocking, bubble & stacking diagrams.
- Adept in hand sketching of planning concepts for Senior Architect’s review and coordination. (Cadd drawings are not necessary and not the candidate’s task. 99% of tasks engage with effective space planning depicted via use of hand drawn sketches).
- Creative problem solver with the ability to explore various concepts and arrive at ideal planning solutions. Ability to judge early on, and adapt best concepts for further development.
Proficient with execution of refined hand sketched floor plans for communication with Senior Architect, & translation into cadd drawings by client’s team.
You may include an online portfolio link, or send to us at the above email a low resolution (PDF or JPEG) file with up to five drawing examples of Office Planning and related projects.
21/05/2013 :: Designers
MADA s.p.a.m is offering designer positions in its Shanghai head office. The company is founded by Mr. Qingyun Ma in 1996 in New York and launched in Shanghai in 1999. Based on its trans-cultural mission and cross-pacific practice, MADA has now become one of the most visible design companies in China and abroad through its critical thinking and participative practice. The company has a diverse portfolio of large scaled mixed-use, commercial, academic and civic projects.
Job description: 1-5 years of professional experience; demonstrate good design skills; have a strong grasp and control of architectural forms; responsible for daily design or technical development of project throughout Conceptual, SD, DD and CD phases.
- Bachelors or Masters in Architecture.
- Assist project designers throughout the design process to develop the project.
- Knowledge of both national and local design regulations.
- Strong skills in: AutoCad, Rhino, Sketchup, Photoshop, Adobe Suites, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high-quality work in a fast-paced office before tight deadlines.
- Have a strong sense of responsibility; good team-working and communication skills.
Candidates who meet the above requirements may email your resume and portfolio with “Designer Application” in the subject line to MADA s.p.a.m. at email
. PDF-format files only. No phone calls please.
21/05/2013 :: Intern Architect
The Anderson Studio of Architecture and Design seeks two (2) full-time dynamic Intern Architects to join our Charleston, SC office. Intern Architects will be part of a design team, working under the direction and supervision of a lead Project Architect. Project locations will range from the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and West Coast regions of the US to the Caribbean. The intent is to provide the training and experience required for the Intern Architects to grow into Project Managers.
Desired skills and experience:
Graduate of an accredited 4 or 5 year architecture school.
Strong design skill, with the ability to comfortably move between modern and historically inflected design languages.
Strong hand sketching and computer graphics skills, with software knowledge/experience to ideally include:
- Adobe Creative Suite.
- Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Xcel and Word.
- ArchiCAD (this is a major plus).
- Other BIM software.
Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on communication, teamwork and collaboration.
Must be motivated, willing to learn and take direction.
Minimum of 5 years relevant architecture experience required, ideally in the preparation of design and construction documents, working with consulting engineers.
Must have some field experience, performing due diligence, code, zoning and design review board requirement analysis.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, work samples and salary requirements via email with Intern Architect in the subject line to email
. Non-local candidates will be considered. However, the positions do not offer a relocation allowance.
The Anderson Studio of Architecture and Design is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
21/05/2013 :: Senior Architect
IO DESIGN is an established international design firm, focused on architecture, planning and urban design. It is our mission to become the foremost design presence in Asia, driven by award winning architecture with a commitment to sustainable design.
We are currently looking to hire a highly motivated and talented Senior Architect with exceptional design flair and technical delivery experience to join our team based inShanghai.
Candidates must have:
- Degree in Architecture.
- Minimum 8 years post qualification design experience, ideally gained with top end international design firms.
- Membership of a professional association.
- Outstanding design skills and experience in all phases of the design process.
- Project Experience where delivery of concept has been achieved.
- Ability to understand and contribute to the design process through appropriate technical knowledge.
- Ability to apply a technical rigor to the production and coordination of drawing packages.
- Open-minded, charismatic, friendly, team player, with strong ability to lead teams and communicate effectively with clients, consultants and colleagues.
- Sound knowledge of 3D delivery tools is beneficial.
- Ability to communicate in both English and Chinese is essential (written and spoken).
- International experience is an advantage.
10 Design, www.10design.co/contact/join