02/12/2013 :: Architect / Designer
We are a well established architecture firm specializing in projects that require a high level of design sensitivity, technical expertise and hands-on Principal involvement. Our studio houses an award winning design team and one of the world’s most accomplished technical documentation workshops.
Our current projects include major cultural buildings, high-end residences, community buildings and commercial properties. We are highly selective of the work we undertake and look for interesting projects that challenge us as designers.
We have a great passion for design and recognize that this entails a commitment of time and energy- we look for individuals who share this passion and commitment.
As a mid-sized studio our team needs to be adaptable, flexible and proactive in the way they work- we look for individuals who recognize that these responsibilities bring wonderful opportunities for personal and professional development as designers.
We undertake significant 3-D digital and physical modeling during our design work and we expect our whole team to contribute to these important aspects of our process.
We are seeking:
Exceptionally talented Architect/Designer with 3- 5 years professional experience.
Required qualities, skills and qualifications:
- A passion for, and commitment to design.
- A flexible and proactive approach to work as part of a team.
- A strong desire to develop as a professional.
- An ability to express well considered ideas in a clear and effective manner through a variety of media.
- Excellent physical modeling skills and familiarity with digital fabrication tools, and a love of making things with your hands.
- Excellent digital drafting, modeling and visualization skills and desire to further develop these skills using Rhino, Grasshopper, VRay, and Adobe suite.
- An exceptional portfolio of student and professional work.
- Proven significant professional experience with Revit modeling and documentation production.
- A willingness to travel for projects, if required.
- A professional degree from an accredited university, a good command of written and spoken English and an existing legal right to work in USA.
We use Revit extensively on our projects and we are looking for individuals with the ability to contribute fully to these projects from the outset. A Revit skills test may be required as part of our selection process.
Applications via email
Please included a cover letter (including indication of availability), Resume and selected work samples demonstrating the full range of your talents in a single pdf document not exceeding 5mb in size.
Please note that other file formats, larger files and weblinks will not be considered.
02/12/2013 :: Project Architect
Work as a key managerial component of a small principal-led design team on all phases of project development, from planning and concept design through design development, DOB permitting, bid analysis, construction documents, and construction administration for fast-paced institutional, high-end retail and residential projects.
The following minimum qualifications shall apply:
- Education: Professional degree (B Arch or M Arch); licensure is a plus but not required.
- Experience: 4-8 years relevant professional experience working on architectural projects in greater New York City.
- Graphic Skills: Strong graphic skills.
- Design Skills: Strong aesthetic sense, 3D presentation, production and technical skills.
- Experience with materials selection, specification and detailing.
- Organizational Skills: Focused, articulate, well organized, excellent time management skills, and detail – oriented.
- Software: Proficiency with ACAD/Revit and familiarity with other 3D software and Adobe Design Suite.
- Familiarity with architectural and interior details, finish materials, furnishings and fabrics. Working knowledge of NYC Building code and LEED.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Please send resumes and portfolios to email
02/12/2013 :: Workplace Interior Designer
A leading independent office design and fit-out company, specialising in office interior design and refurbishment, is looking for a Workplace Interior Designer to join their thriving company. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established market leader in office space planning and design, office relocation and refurbishment.
The interior designer will be involved with the creative design solutions and drawing work. They will have a minimum of 3 years experience of working in either a D&B fit-out company or an architectural/consultancy practice. Proficiency in AutoCAD is a must, as is experience of producing detailed technical drawing packages.
Clean driving licence and own vehicle required.
If you would like to know more, please send work examples with a CV to email
or contact Deborah D’Silva on +44 (0)20 7562 8282 for more information.
02/12/2013 :: Landscape Architect
Habitation is a growing business with big ideas and a diverse range of integrated business units servicing our clients. We lead the industry in our approach to place-making by engaging the public via media and thought leadership.
We aim to improve the public’s experience of place through design innovation and a professional commitment to sustainability. Our structure and diversity means that you will gain experience in all operational facets of a growing urban brand.
You will either have recently graduated or have a maximum of 2 years’ work experience. Your role will involve the following:
- Concept Design.
- General Office duties.
- Assisting senior landscape architects and directors where required.
You will also have the following Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Remuneration will be $50,000 per annum plus superannuation.
your resume to David Vago.
02/12/2013 :: Architect
An opportunity exists for a qualified Architect to join our conservation team in BDP’s London studio. The role will, initially, involve working within a project team on the creative adaptation of listed buildings and the design of new buildings in historic settings.
You will have a minimum 2 years post-qualification experience and will have varied experience working on the creative adaptation and conservation of significant listed buildings, across a range of sectors.
You will have developed conceptual and technical design skills related to the historic environment, have evidence of working within project teams to successfully deliver award winning projects involving historic buildings and, ideally, will have formal training and/or professional qualifications in building conservation.
Technically, you must be proficient with CAD (Microstation preferred) and competent with the Microsoft Office suite. In return, BDP offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package; combined with a positive working environment and a healthy attitude to work-life balance.
BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists working together to create outstanding 'places for people'.
We work closely with users, clients and the community to create special places for living, working, shopping, culture and learning across Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the MENA region, India, and China. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors including health, education, workplace, retail, urbanism, heritage, housing, transport, leisure, public safety and energy utilities, having won over 750 awards for design quality from international and national bodies.
In return, BDP offers an excellent opportunity for your personal development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions and a great working environment.
Please write or apply via our website
enclosing a CV stating why you believe you are suitable for the position, including an indication of your salary expectations.
BDP is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies or third party applications please.
Building Design Partnership (BDP), www.bdp.co.uk