25/03/2013 :: Senior Designer
AvroKO is an award-winning design firm in downtown Manhattan, seeking a senior designer. We have work ranging from hospitality design (restaurants, bars, hotels) to retail and residential design, as well as graphics and original furniture and lighting products.
The Senior Designer acts as AvroKO’s lead designer responsible for the whole design of a project through overseeing the definition and delivery of the design from conceptualization, through development, coordination, documentation and execution in the field.
The Senior Designers core responsibilities are:
- Leading the AvroKO team in conceiving of the project design to meet the clients program, quality objectives, project constraints as well as AvroKO’s brand of design.
- Liaison between the Principal in Charge and the design team during the design process.
- Organize and run regular in house design sessions presenting to the P.I.C and with the team.
- Responsible for the development of the whole design of the project according to the design intent.
- Reviewing all documents to ensure they incorporate the design intent.
- Represent AvroKO and the design for all consultant coordination meetings.
- Manage design coordination within AvroKO i.e. between architecture, FF&E and graphics, and between owners, consultants and AvroKO.
- Manage and coordinate all communications to and from consultants.
- Supervise, develop and mentor Designers.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager in providing services per scope, budget and schedule.
- Responsible for creating and delivering presentations based on AvroKO’s deliverables standards for presentations and contract documents.
- Oversee the production and delivery of quality and timely sets of contract documents being drawings specifications, budgets and reports as proscribed by the contract.
- Partners with Project Manager to ensure conformance with Architecture Standards’ checklist requirements specific to each project design phase.
- Lead the AvroKO team in performing it’s construction administration services including Responding to RFI’s and interpreting the contract documents to ensure the design intent is met.
- Reviewing submittals, substitutions and field conditions for conformance with design intent.
- Attending and reporting on field visits.
- Conducting punch lists reviews.
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
- BA/BS required. A minimum of four (4) years experience at an architecture or interior design firm, with related hospitality field.
- Strong presentation and rendering skills especially by hand.
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Sketchup, VRay, and 3Ds Max.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, proactive and fast paced environment.
- An important aspect of this position is having a discerning eye for design. Interest in and knowledge of hospitality design is preferred.
- A range of conceptual and technical design skill sets yet with a strong tendency towards design and conceptualization.
Available to start immediately. - please note this is a freelance position.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your resume and portfolio samples as PDF attachments to email
with ' Senior Freelance Designer' in the subject line.
Applications without these attachments will not be considered.
Please no phone calls - we will only contact qualified candidates.
25/03/2013 :: Project Architect
Ehrlich Architects is a diverse design-driven practice with projects ranging from custom single-family residences to commercial development to higher education projects throughout the country and abroad. Please visit us at ehrlicharchitects.com for more information.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, highly-motivated architects to join our studio. Candidates should be able to exhibit the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Professional degree in architecture. License preferred.
- Capable of developing architectural details and documenting sophisticated architectural projects with minimal supervision.
- Must be comfortable working with consultants and city agencies.
- Communication skills are essential.
- Revit experience a must.
- Construction administration experience a plus.
- Salary shall be commensurate with skill level and experience.
Communication via email only. Phone calls are not welcome.
Please send cover letters, resumes and work samples to email
25/03/2013 :: Architect
Willingale Associates, an established practice based in Clerkenwell with a range of projects in Central London, seeks an architect to join the team.
Candidates should be talented and self-motivated with the necessary office management skills and have a broad experience of advancing projects through planning and detailed design to procurement and completion.
All candidates must be proficient in Microstation, Adobe suite and Office programmes and have experience in specification, tendering and contract management.
Projects include a range of refurbishment, extension and new-build developments for mixed use schemes in sensitive urban contexts.
A full-time PAYE position is available now, salary negotiable subject to experience.
25/03/2013 :: Intermediate Architects and Designers
William McDonough + Partners, leaders in sustainable thinking and Cradle to Cradle® inspired design, are seeking talented Junior and Intermediate Architects and Designers with a minimum 3 to 5 years of professional experience to join our studios in Charlottesville, VA and/or San Francisco, CA.
Qualified candidates must have strong design conceptualization and execution skills with high proficiency and experience in the use of Autodesk Revit for project development and documentation. Candidates must also excel in advanced digital modeling and rendering techniques and have well-developed organizational and verbal, written, and visual / graphic communication skills. Additionally, an excellent understanding of sustainable design practices, strong problem solving skills, a passion for learning, high motivation, and an ability to collaborate and work within a team setting are essential. A degree in architecture from an accredited architectural program is required.
We are a values-driven company and offer an exciting and collaborative working environment with competitive salaries that are commensurate with level of experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must have legal U.S. work status. Limited duration contract work may be considered.
Cradle to Cradle® is a registered trademark of McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry, LLC (MBDC).
Please respond by forwarding the following information to email
- A completed application form (please download
from our website.)
- A letter of interest 3- a resume/cv 4- work samples.
Files must be in pdf file format and limited to 5mb or less. The subject line of your email must include: WM+P ARCHITECT - CVL
Please do not send hardcopies or disks. Online portfolio links will not be reviewed. Please note that we are not able to respond to telephone inquiries.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
25/03/2013 :: Interior Designers
Our regional headquarters in Singapore is now hiring Intermediate and Senior designers to meet an unprecedented demand for our specialized design services.
We are looking for motivated and articulate individuals who have a passion to excel.
If you have a desire to challenge yourself with high-end design and beyond, we would like to hear from you.
Candidates should ideally possess the following:
- A recognized Interior or Architectural qualification.
- A minimum of 2/3 years working experience in Interior Design.
- A keen sense of creativity and initiative.
- FF&E and/or AutoCAD skills are required.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is advantageous.
- Must be a team player and possess good time management skills to meet multiple deadlines.
- Chinese is a big advantage (oral and written skills).
If you are seeking a rewarding career with the world’s leading Hospitality Design Consultancy firm, please send your resume with photograph to email