15/02/2013 :: Intermediate Architect
STV Incorporated is recruiting for a World-Class Design Architect to join our award winning architectural staff. STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. We consistently rank among the country's top 25 firms in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit.
We are currently recruiting a tech savvy intermediate architect for our Transportation and Infrastructure division in our Union Square office. Primary responsibilities include assisting with design as well as generating technical details for construction documents, editing specifications and performing design coordination reviews within and between disciplines. The ability to create clear, concise technical reports is also desirable. Ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as a high level of attention to detail for dealing with clients, other consultants, contractors and building officials. Additional responsibilities may include performing field work outside of the office, including site inspections and preparing punch lists and other tasks, as required.
Requirements: Professional Degree in Architecture or related field with 3 to 5+ years of experience. Successful candidates should be pursuing their NY Architectural Registration with the goal of becoming a Project Manager. Resumes with an emphasis in technical knowledge, ability to develop details, specifications editing development of construction documents will be given priority during the review process. Working knowledge of relevant software packages including Microsoft Office, Revit/BIM, MicroStation, and/or AutoCAD required. Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. Transporation/Industrial background is a plus but not required.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email.
Please include current and desired salary and all relevant experience.
Local candidates only, please. Feel free to view other opportunities on our website.
15/02/2013 :: Intermediate Designer
The Designer acts as an AvroKO team member under the direction of the Senior Designer, with limited oversight. He or she is a team member in the design of a project from its definition and delivery of the design from conceptualization, through development, coordination, documentation and execution in the field.
This is a project specific role.
The Intermediate Designers core responsibilities are:
- As part of the team, prepare designs to meet the clients program, quality objectives, project constraints as well as AvroKO’s brand of design, with limited supervision required.
- Provide FF&E research, selects, budgeting and design presentations including mood boards, quick 3D hand sketching, and In Design presentations.
- Assist on the development of the whole design of the project according to the design intent and Senior Designer directives.
- Reviewing documents to ensure they incorporate the design intent.
- Assist junior designers.
- Represent AvroKO and the design in consultant coordination meetings.
- Participate in design coordination within AvroKO i.e. between architecture, FF&E and graphics, and between Owners consultants and AvroKO.
- Coordination with vendors and manufacturers.
- Part of the team creating and delivering presentations based on AvroKO’s deliverables standards for presentations and contract documents.
- Provide the production and delivery of quality and timely sets of contract documents being drawings, FF&E specifications, sample boards, budgets and reports as proscribed by the contract.
- Responding to RFI’s and interpreting the contract documents to ensure the design intent is met.
- Reviewing submittals, substitutions and field conditions for conformance with design intent.
- Attending and reporting on field visits.
- Conducting punch lists reviews.
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
- Bachelor of higher degree from accredited university in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design.
- Minimum of over 3 years post graduate experience – excluding internships.
- Outstanding design and conceptual sensibility.
- Demonstrated professional experience in
1. Producing graphically coherent, well organized presentations using Adobe Creative Suite.
2. Preparing drawings for all phases and especially managing design development and construction documents using AutoCAD.
3. Sourcing, presenting and specifying FF&E selections.
4. Hospitality projects being hotels and restaurants.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic hand sketching skills.
- Ability to work in a team and give and take direction.
Desired, but not required:
- 3D visualization skills such as sketch up, 3DS Max and V-Ray
- Strong hand sketching / illustrating skills.
- This is a full time position – though applicants willing to work on contract are preferred.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
- New York residents only (we don’t cover relocation costs).
This is a four-month freelance position with the possibility of full-time employment at end of contract. Immediate start required.
Please send your resume, portfolio samples and salary expectation in PDF format (file size less than 5MB) to email.
No phone calls please – we will only respond to qualified candidates.
15/02/2013 :: Architect
Ushida Findlay Architects are looking for an experienced qualified Part 3 architect with 5 years + experience post part 3. Candidates will need the following skills and experience:
- Experience of job running.
- Experience of assembling construction packages.
- Experience of running a small design team when on site as part of a larger team.
- AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Rhino, NBS, Adobe Creative Studio.
- Good communication skills and working as part of a team.
Salary: Negotiable, dependent on experience.
15/02/2013 :: Senior / Intermediate Interior Designer
Michael C.F. Chan & Associates, Inc. Architects and Interior Designers is a full service firm that provides comprehensive Architecture, Planning and Interior Design services. The firm has served a variety of international and U.S. clients ranging from private individuals to large corporate firms. Our practice focuses on custom estate and custom corporate office design projects.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality design services through a comprehensive approach to each project, seeking the best design solutions by working with all the elements of the design process including master planning, landscape, exterior architecture, interior architecture, interior furniture, fixtures and equipment(FF&E), including accessories, art and antique collections. Through this process, our firm creates unique, memorable and quality lifestyle design projects for our clients.
Salary Range: Negotiable, with Excellent benefits.
Job Descriptions: Having our practice focus on custom estates and custom corporate work, we are seeking motivated staff interested in all phases of quality interior design.
- Strong management background.
- Manage multiple projects and staff.
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing projects & teams.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Take projects from concept to custom details.
- High-end residential, estate and corporate interior.
- Coordination with consultants, vendors and owner.
- Procurement, scheduling and installation.
- Familiar with custom furniture, finishes, equipment & accessories.
- Familiar with Excel, Word, Photoshop and Design Manager A+.
- Strong problem solving skills – identify possible solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to take direction with minimal supervision.
- Motivated Team Player.
- Team Attitude.
- Mandarin A+, but not required.
Contact Information: Please send resume along with samples of work to Weili Yeh at email.
15/02/2013 :: Certified Interior Designer
WBRC Architects?Engineers is a 65+ employee, multi-disciplined A/E Firm with strongdedication to education, healthcare, civic, and commercial market sectors. We operate under a "single firm, multi-region" concept, with one firm serving the Atlantic Coast from the Maritimes to Florida from three Regional Offices located in Bangor, ME, Portland, ME and Sarasota, FL. In response to a recent analysis of our needs, we are looking forexperienced marketing professionals to join our team in strategic roles. We seek individuals who want career opportunities in an exciting, dynamic work environment and we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We have an opportunity for a Certified Interior Designer who will be responsible for design production of healthcare and retail projects. This individual will operate under general supervision and may provide technical assistance to lower level designers and interns. The successful candidate will have, at a minimum, at least 3 years of experience as a Certified Interior Designer. Experience with BIM and Revit are strongly preferred and LEED accreditation is a plus.