20/05/2013 :: Senior Design Architect
Drorís multidisciplinary approach to design takes a fresh look at every design challenge, from reinventing the sneaker for Puma to designing an island in Abu Dhabi. Behind the scenes, the architecture department at Dror has been working on a series of large-scale confidential architecture projects and is now seeking an imaginative, energetic, hard-working person to help with the production, direction, and management of these projects. The ideal candidate has exceptional renderings skills, is a passionate self-starter, and works fast and efficiently with little direction.
Requirements, skills & qualifications:
- Strong design sensibility, with excellent technical and computer skills.
- 5-10 years of project management experience, with a background in several large-scale project.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must have ability to assist or run all phases of a project from Schematic Design through reviewing and commenting on Construction Administration.
- Comfort in working independently; demonstrates fluency and professionalism in dealing with a variety of high-end clients as well as vendors.
- AutoCAD expertise required, Photoshop, Sketch Up, Rhino and/or 3Dstudio. Knowledge of parametric software is a plus
- Healthcare experience preferred.
Send your resume and portfolio to email
20/05/2013 :: Junior Interior Designer
We are a successful, fast moving, high-end interior design practice looking to expand our talented team. We challenge designers with hands-on experience that strengthens skills and broadens perspectives. This is an established young firm whose work environment, although fast paced, is friendly, fun, and comprised of passionate and focused individuals.
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Interior Design/Interior Architecture Bachelor's degree.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft office, Photoshop.
- Excellent graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
- Knowledge and experience in construction documents.
- Rendering abilities (either hand or computer).
- Has reliable transportation.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Easy going and with an open attitude.
- Curiosity, self-motivation, and the ability to work within a team are essential.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Persistent, proactive, and resourceful: very important.
- A professional attitude is necessary.
- Collaborate with and assist project designer on all phases of interior design projects (includes conceptual design, schematic design, design development, construction documents, vendor follow ups, pricing requests, etc.)
- Assist in furniture and accessory selections.
- Jobsite visits, site surveys, and installer supervision.
- Vendor relations.
- Furniture set-ups.
- Receiving deliveries.
- Specification books.
- Materialize concepts/ideas into shop drawings and meet with trades for feasibility.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this position, please email your resume and work samples with "Jr. Designer" in the subject line. Also please send PDFs only, 5MB or less and/or portfolio website links.
p.s. Here's a clue as to how to gain eligibility to this position, follow instructions!
Please send your resume and work samples at email
20/05/2013 :: Senior Interior Designer
Spark is looking for a Senior Interior Designer based at the Beijing studio to lead the design and delivery of new retail projects.
You will be responsible for guiding the Spark design team, managing client relationships working directly with the Director in Charge.
- 5-8 years post-graduation work experience in a renowned design firm.
- Proven track record of working on design to construction stages of retail interior design projects.
- Strong design skills.
- Experience in team leadership.
- Strong communication skills, commitment, reliability and team spirit.
- A conscientious attitude towards details.
- Experience producing FF&E packages and Finish Schedules.
- Experience in sustainable design and rating systems, lighting design, and furniture design.
- Knowledge of Chinese planning and construction regulations is an advantage.
20/05/2013 :: Senior Architect
GGLO is an integrated design practice that has an established reputation for creating vibrant community environments. Our portfolio is rich and diverse, encompassing a variety of multi-family housing, hospitality, retail, commercial, and mixed-use projects. Our integrated design approach allows us to consider the relationships between indoor/outdoor spaces at the programming stages, balancing functional requirements with aesthetic choices and sustainable solutions. We pride ourselves on our responsiveness, representing the best interests of our clients and serving the needs of our communities.
- Provide leadership throughout entire design process for large-scale, programmatically complex projects.
- Build, maintain and expand client relationships.
- Experienced facilitator and presenter at public meetings and forums, with clients and managing groups.
- Effectively manage and mentor team members to maintain positive interaction, while ensuring the highest quality, and meeting client expectations.
- Lead design reviews at designated stages of projects.
- Exceptional design ability.
- Extensive experience with all aspects and phases of the architectural design process.
- Understands and responds to the technical implications of design decisions.
- Have excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication and presentation skills. Critical thinking and oral agility a must.
- Expertise in writing reports, business correspondence, contracts, and business development proposals.
- Be efficient, thorough, detail-oriented, and dedicated to quality work.
- Participate in marketing opportunities and facilitate multi-discipline collaboration within the firm.
- Experience in a variety of project types and awareness of the work that we do. High-rise project experience is highly desired.
- 15 or more years of experience.
- Degree in Architecture required advanced degree preferred.
- Practical understanding of digital tools such as AutoCAD and Revit required.
- Licensed architect, State of Washington preferred.
- LEED Accreditation (BD+C or ND) preferred.
- Involved with their community.
GGLO offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If our purpose statement resonates with you, you thrive on design dialogue, and collaboration and want to contribute to the GGLO culture, please submit a letter of interest, resume and not more than four pages of work samples to email
Please no phone calls or drop-ins.
20/05/2013 :: Junior Designer
Kahn Design Associates is an award-winning, collaborative 18-person design firm specializing in commercial and mixed-use buildings and custom homes. We are known for our thoughtful design, high level of service to our clients and an enjoyable and supportive work environment.
We have an immediate need for a Junior level staff member to assist in all phases from feasibility studies to construction documents. Our current projects include new retail buildings, restaurant tenant improvements, mixed-use buildings, and single family residences.
Candidates must have a bachelorís degree or higher in architecture and strong drafting (AutoCAD/REVIT), communication and organizational skills. Presentation skills such as free-hand drawing, Sketchup, PhotoShop, and InDesign are essential.
KDA offers an excellent benefits package including vacation, medical coverage, dental plan, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Our office is a casual, dynamic and collaborative environment. We designed and built the building we occupy, creating a space filled with natural light, generous workstations, a large materials library, and several outdoor terraces. In addition to an excellent studio environment, we ensure that employees have the tools they need (training, hardware, software, technical support, mentoring and continuing education) to enable inspired, efficient work.
To learn more about our projects, design philosophy, and work environment, please see our website
. Send letters, resumes and work samples to email
or mail to 1810 6th Street, Berkeley, 94710. No phone calls, please.