05/11/2013 :: Project Architect
Stephen Yablon Architect is an award-winning architecture firm in New York City dedicated to creating architecture that is transformative: enabling organizations, communities, and individuals to flourish in today’s world. Our approach is focused on design that engenders a connection to the broader contemporary culture and the unique qualities of place, program, and client identity.
We are seeking a Project Architect with experience in high quality institutional, public, and/or commercial projects who is passionate about contemporary design, creative, highly organized, articulate, and personable. Candidates must be able to coordinate consultants, oversee production of design presentations and technical documents, and assume responsibility for construction administration. We offer tremendous opportunities for growth in a collaborative, friendly, and respectful environment.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 5-8 years of experience, primarily in high quality institutional, public, and/or commercial projects in the U.S.
- Proven experience managing at least one project through all phases of design and construction administration.
- Knowledge of NYC building codes and ADA requirements.
- ACAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, and Project proficiency.
- 3D modeling/rendering (Rhino, V-Ray and 3DS Max) skills. Revit is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Either a BArch or MArch. LEED preferred. Licensure a plus.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. and fluency in English.
- Current residency in the US, preferably in the NYC region.
Please submit a single pdf document no more than 5MB that includes a cover letter, resume, and work samples to email
. The cover letter should be one page maximum and concisely summarize your qualifications, experience, education, salary requirement, availability, and form of legal authorization to work in the US. Please indicate on email subject field: SYA PA Position - Your Name.
Applications that are submitted to any other email address, mailed, or dropped off will not be considered. Regrettably we do not have the capacity to respond to every applicant so no follow up calls or emails please.
05/11/2013 :: Architectural Designer
Eck MacNeely Architects, specializing in residential and private school work, is seeking an architectural designer with a minimum of 8 years’ full-time experience in similar work. Must be proficient in design and project management with skills in AutoCAD, SketchUp, and other graphics programs. Please send resume and work samples immediately.
05/11/2013 :: Architects
Guy Hollaway Architects is seeking architects, technicians & architectural assistants to join our expanding Kent & London offices.
Architect applicants must be/have:
- Talented Designer.
- Technically minded.
- Experience in coordinating the production of tender and construction packages.
- The ability to produce own tender and construction details.
- Excellent detailing skills.
- Experience and knowledge of construction contracts and administration.
- Experience with working directly with clients and other consultants.
- Knowledge of UK Building Regulations.
- Knowledge of UK construction methodology.
- Good presentation skills.
All applicants must be/have:
- Advanced AutoCAD skills.
- The ability to work effectively in large project teams.
- Fluency in English.
- Relevant permit for working in the UK.
Please send your CV with examples of your work (no more than 10 pages), stating which position you are applying for to email
Please also supply references and permit to work in the UK if relevant.
Guy Hollaway Architects is an equal opportunities employer and our policy can be found online on our website.
Closing Date 1st December 2013.
05/11/2013 :: Senior Designer
P+R Architects is an established architectural firm headquartered in Long Beach, California with a diverse portfolio of work. We are currently seeking a Senior Designer for our office located in Shanghai, China to work on commercial mixed-use projects in various parts of China.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Professional degree in Architecture required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in architecture.
- High density mixed-use experience a must.
- High rise experience a plus.
- Experience with projects in China a plus.
- Advanced 3d digital modeling skills including Sketch Up and Rhino a must.
- Strong working knowledge in Adobe CS5.
- Basic working knowledge of parametric modeling.
- Hand drawing and sketching experience a plus.
- Bilingual skills (Mandarin/English) highly preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (latest version) and other graphic and business software and their application in developing and presenting design documents.
- Strong network of alumni-based relationships preferred.
- Self-motivated and highly creative.
P+R Architects offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
For immediate confidential consideration, please submit your resume through our website
Perkowitz+Ruth Architects, www.prarchitects.com
05/11/2013 :: Interior Architect
We have a unique opportunity in Berlin, for an innovative Architect to join an award-winning international architecture practice, who specialise in museum and exhibition design.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a design team, on the restoration of a major museum in Austria. The role is multi-faceted and will require a high level of expertise across all disciplines of architecture, space planning, materials, furniture selection, lighting, and graphics. The design approach will need to be especially sensitive to the housing of precious historical artifacts.
The ideal Architect or Designer will possess competency in the narrative & experiential design for cultural exhibitions, will have 7 – 10 years relevant experience and will need the following qualities:
- German and English fluency.
- Experience working on cultural buildings, galleries & exhibitions.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD/ Vectorworks, Photoshop, and 3D modelling programs.
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Sketchup preferred.
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills.
We will expect your portfolio to illustrate examples of work highlighting conceptual design and design execution on similar projects.
If interested please send your CV to email