19/10/2013 :: Project Designer
Prominent SoHo architecture firm in search of project designers with 7+ years of experience in traditional and classical architecture seeking career growth, a small team environment, and an opportunity to contribute their expertise to the design and construction of highly-custom traditional residential projects located throughout the US.
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan and bonuses.
Please send cover letter, resume and work samples to Ms. Liz Block, Ferguson & Shamamian Architects, LLP via email
. No faxes. Refer to Project Designer 101613 in the subject line.
19/10/2013 :: Senior Architect
Aero Studios is a full service architectural interior design firm specializing in high-end residential and commercial projects and is currently seeking a highly motivated Project Architect to join our team. The firm is looking for top quality professionals to work in an office that has a casual corporate culture with a team approach. The Senior Architect will oversee architectural design of residential projects. This position requires very strong communication skills while executing project management with regard to client, contractors and vendors. The Senior Architect is responsible for managing 1-2 junior associates, and reports to the Studio Director. Experience with traditional residential design is required.
- Execute design direction to produce all necessary architectural documents, shop drawings and construction drawing sets.
- Assist Studio Director with preparation of presentations for regular clients meetings during design development through installation; attend meetings.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors, contractors and sub-contractors while ensuring quality of final product for client.
- Coordinate and attend regular site meetings.
- Communicate with vendors and sub contractors to verify necessity of any proposed change orders.
- Review opportunities to improve the design process and effectiveness of the department; including diligence with time billing.
- Daily communication about workload for junior staff; follow up on productivity and progress.
- Develop project schedules.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture and minimum five years experience in same position.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule work flow in a deadline driven environment.
- Creative vision that is both modern and classic.
- Ability to work 40+ hours/week; travel involved.
Applicants may send their cover letter, resume, and PDF of recent work to email
with "Senior Architect" in the subject heading.
19/10/2013 :: Senior Designer
We are currently working with a global outdoor sportswear company with head quarter base in UK, they are currently looking for a Senior designer to join their team in HK.
- Produce design concepts and designs that are innovative and directional.
- Drive new, innovative and directional solutions to clothing needs that help achieve the company’s growth targets and enhance the innovative standing of the brand.
- Build strong design signature that is distinctly and can be built on, on a seasonal basis.
- Workclosely with the Product Line Manager – APAC and to ensure that cross functional teams and sourcing managers have all the information necessary.
- Use CAD systems / prototypes / demonstrations to present designs and colours in the most professional manner possible and with the highest impact.
- Analyze and communicate the market trends research and to define the relevance in our range development.
- Design related degree or the equivalent.
- 5 years’ proven experience in a design role.
- Experience working in Japan or designing for the Japanese market is highly preferable.
- Knowledge and awareness of our major competitors’ product lines and their relative strengths/weaknesses.
- Knowledge of new or innovative fabric and construction techniques is preferable.
- Graphics and accessories knowledge is an advantage.
- Advanced PC/Mac skills in CS6 / Illustrator/ Photoshop/ MS Word.
To find out more about this fantastic opportunity, please contact Kit Leung on +852 2915 2900 or send your CV to email
19/10/2013 :: Architect
Architect for small, full service architectural firm in Arlington Heights, IL.
Proficient in construction documents and detailing for commercial projects using AutoCAD, with knowledge of Sketchup, Photoshop, and In Design. Some residential experience preferred.
Send resume and salary requirement to email
19/10/2013 :: Experienced Architect
We are looking for an experienced Architect for an immediate start to work on a variety of exciting projects, salary dependent upon knowledge and experience.
Experience in design, detailing, specification writing and managing projects on site essential, as is an excellent knowledge of UK Building Regulations. Candidates should have least 3 years post-part 3 experience working in the UK construction industry.
We are a small practice located on the edge of Sevenoaks.
If you are interested please email Amy Middleton
, with a copy of your CV and some samples of your work (no more than 5MB).