11/04/2013 :: Architect, Designer
AKDO Intertrade, a business to business wholesaler and importer of luxury natural stone, porcelain, and glass products from all around the world, has an immediate opening for an Architect and Designer Account Executive for our Commercial Department. This position will cover New York City. The ideal candidate will reside in New York City.
The Architect and Designer Account Executive will achieve sales objectives by developing and maintaining relationships with commercial designers and architects to facilitate the placement of AKDO products in design specifications of commercial projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seek out new business opportunities to include opening up new accounts and setting up libraries.
- Implement creative marketing strategies, perform extensive customer needs analysis and site surveys.
- Develop and execute account strategies through proposals, presentations, and product demonstrations.
- Conduct "Lunch and Learn" product presentations.
- Meet with clients to develop project designs; follow up with developed business contacts to discuss potential projects.
- Select samples and materials for clients’ projects that closely fit within overall project design.
- Communicate with customers and concisely, accurately, and completely document project information and status.
- Identify and participate in industry related events.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Superior presentation/public speaking skills.
- Computer skills to facilitate quotes and product inventory queries.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Aggressive follow-up and closing skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to perform calculations including converting common fractions and decimals and calculating gross margin percentage.
- Ability to lift materials up to 50 pounds while visiting clients.
- Related Bachelor’s degree.
- 2 plus years of experience working with architects and designers.
- Experience in sales and specifying products for commercial projects preferred.
- Experience in working with a sales plan required.
AKDO recognizes that talented people are attracted to companies that proved competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefit Plan that includes the following:
- Medical and Dental coverage.
- Vision care coverage.
- Disability insurance.
- Employee life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- 401 K and company paid pension plan.
- Paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Please visit our website to learn more about AKDO!
AKDO is an equal opportunity employer
11/04/2013 :: Landscape Architects
Marpillero Pollak Architects is seeking a talented and experienced Landscape Designer/Project Manager with a professional degree in Landscape Architecture, and three to five years of professional experience in all project phases: to manage all aspects of small to midsize projects, including budgeting, scheduling, development and execution. S/he will be lead designer for projects of appropriate complexity, and provide support on other projects; will investigate and propose solutions to relevant problems of grading, spatial organization and site utilization; prepare drawings and presentations to communicate design intent; and participate to obtain necessary approvals.
Essential Job Functions
- Advanced understanding of planning, programming and design principles and methods, including technical implications of design decisions.
- Support project goals of excellence in design, delivery, and sustainability.
- Production of schematic, design development and detailed construction documents, insuring quality control and completion.
- Awareness of evolving technologies and systems.
- Review of shop drawings and material samples for conformance with design.
- Construction administration (e.g. RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.)
- Preparation of reports and specifications; review of cost estimates and calculations.
- Analysis of applicable agency review processes.
- Define and monitor scope of work and services for the project including schedule and work plan.
- Coordinate communication between client and MPA, ensuring timely resolution of client concerns.
- Orderly and complete preparation, distribution, and retention of project records.
- Clear and timely communication of information to principals to ensure compliance with project goals.
- Establish and document client meetings; develop and maintain successful client relationships.
- Monitor client issues and technical issues.
- Participate in marketing opportunities and facilitate multi-disciplinary collaboration within firm.
Education: Professional Degree in Landscape Architecture.
Experience: 3+ years.
- Strong design and presentation skills.
- Experience in all phases of project design, including contract documents and construction administration.
- Knowledge of codes, specifications, and engineering systems.
- Understanding of project management process.
- Strong skills in AutoCAD, Rhino/V-Ray, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with and direct/coordinate work efforts of others.
- Strong professional work ethic.
- Deep knowledge and attention to planting and material selection and details, including sustainable technologies.
Please visit www.mparchitectsnyc.com for information about our office and projects.
If interested, please submit cover letter, resume, required compensation, references, and work samples in single PDF file (max 5 mb), to the attention of Linda Pollak, at email
. Please include your full name and ‘0413 Position’ in email subject line.
No phone calls please. Due to volume of applications, we can only respond to those candidates whose qualifications match requirements of position.
11/04/2013 :: Junior / Interior Architect, Interior Designer
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation, and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world‘s built, natural, and social environments.
Strategy Plus (formerly DEGW) is a strategic business practice within AECOM. Our strategists enable clients to understand and capitalize on a vital dynamic that drives organizational performance; the relationship between people and the design of physical place. Our work demonstrates that policy and other changes involving people and place can deliver tangible and sustainable business value. Solutions are derived through rigorous and clearly structured evidence and from our ability to really listen to the aspirations, strategic needs and practical commercial concerns of our clients.
AECOM‘s Strategy Plus group combines research, strategy, and spatial concepts for occupants, designers and owners. Our approach is informed by a deep understanding of the changing nature of working and learning globally, regionally, and locally, and is applied across a range of sectors — corporate workplaces, government workplaces, learning and research environments, and healthcare environments. As renowned thought leaders in the strategic use of place for over 30 years, Strategy Plus continues to develop solutions that generate sustainable business value.
Purpose of job
- Supporting in delivering workplace concepts and space planning.
- Designing and producing presentation material and reports including illustrations and drawings.
- Producing graphs to illustrate and communicate research data.
- Supporting the Design Team in interior design and architectureTASKS.
- Designing (workplace concepts) and space panning.
- Producing content, drawings, graphs and sketches for presentations, reports and communication documents to clients.
- Preparing and producing drawings 2D and 3D, graphs and illustrations.
- Master or Bachelor in Architecture, Interior Design, Design.
- 2-3 years work experience in architecture, design or consulting.
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD, 3D programs, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Excel and preferably Illustrator.
- Interest in Real Estate and workplace strategies, research methodologies and processes.
- Native Dutch speaker a must! Excellent written and verbal communication skills and fluent in English. Good knowledge in German is an advantage.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical, structured thinker and creative.
- Ability to think conceptually and translate strategies into spatial and conceptual ideas.
- Ability to work with virtual teams.
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The contract will be based on 40 hours / week. Conditions of employment and salary are according to the Dutch Architects CAO (collective labour agreement on working conditions).
11/04/2013 :: Architect
Summit Architectural Services of Pikeville, KY is seeking an Architect and/ or an Intern proficient in Revit, and CAD. Must be self motivated and willing to relocate. Looking to fill position(s) as soon as possible. Preference given to someone with knowledge of Photoshop, LEED, Sketch-Up, Microsoft Word, Adobe, etc. and a Master's degree.
401K Benefits/ Health Insurance/ Vacation Time.
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture.
11/04/2013 :: Interior Designer
Scott Brownrigg is an award-winning international design practice providing architecture, masterplanning, urban design, interior design and town planning services.
Scott Brownrigg has offices in London, Guildford, Cardiff and Edinburgh as well as Cyprus, Croatia and Singapore. This geographic spread, supported by strategic alliances in Russia and the Middle East, enables the practice to serve its growing international client and project base.
As a result of recent new business wins we are seeking a talented middleweight interior designer with a proven range of experience, preferably within the corporate workplace sector. Must be skilled in creating conceptual designs and detailing of corporate workplace interiors from stages E to F.
Successful candidates should have a minimum of three years' experience, be highly computer literate (AutoCAD and PowerPoint essential) with strong interpersonal skills. Based in our Covent Garden office the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the interiors team with current and future commissions within the UK and overseas.
For a detailed job specification and further information on Scott Brownrigg please see the job opportunities page on our website.
Please submit your CV and portfolio with details of salary expectations, quoting reference ID413. Scott Brownrigg is an equal opportunities employer.