14/06/2013 :: Junior Architectural Designer
KAA Design is seeking candidates for the position of Junior Architectural Designer to support the development and documentation of primarily high-end custom residential projects under the supervision of the project leaders. This position will require strong proficiency in ArchiCAD for daily project tasks.
- Degree from an accredited Bachelor or Masters of Architecture Program (LEED accreditation is a plus but not required).
- 2 to 5 years of related professional experience required.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD is a must, with ArchiCAD experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with SketchUp is a plus but not required.
- Perform drafting, 3D modeling and presentation work for the project following KAA Design’s Graphic Standards.
- Develop conceptual sketches into design presentations.
- Coordinate materials and color palettes for presentation.
- Develop sketch details into CAD drawings and prepare design development and construction documents.
- Maintain logs and records necessary to manage the project.
- Compose transmittals and other correspondence necessary for the project.
- Prioritize, delegate and coordinate tasks with project team members.
- Research public agency requirements and prepare site analysis documents.
- Prepare and coordinate cost estimate budgets as required per the phases of the project.
- Inspire and motivate current employees.
- Assist in maintaining fiscal responsibility for each project.
- Work and communicate in all phases as an integral member of the architectural team.
- Perform work according to the KAA Core Values.
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted, via email only – combined size not to exceed 5MB. We will acknowledge receipts of your information, but due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted.
Please no hard copies, drop-ins or telephone calls.
4201 Redwood Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90066
14/06/2013 :: Junior Architect
Chelsea West Architects, is looking for a talented / passionate Junior Architect with a minimal experience of 2-3 years in construction documents and who is excited about designing buildings, working outside their comfort zone towards innovation in architecture, hard working and dedicated, combined with inspiration and drawing ability.
Outstanding Revit skills is a must. Please send us a brief cover letter, resume and samples of your best 3 works by e-mail.
The position will mainly focus on construction documents and different stage deliverables for fast passing projects. You must have extensive knowledge in Rhino, 3D Studio Max, AutoCAD and Adobe Suite. Further knowledge in Maya, Ecotek and any other design software is a plus.
We hold a large body of domestic and international work in urban and architectural design, and we are always excited to be part of major international architectural competitions. In the last 2 years we have been awarded 1st prize designing the School of Planning and Architecture Bhopal Campus, 1st prize in a Shopping Complex in Hyderabad, and 1st prize for a Planetarium and Science Museum in Darbhanga.
Please send all works in Attn to William at email
This is a great opportunity to grow with our firm, in this competitive international setting.
14/06/2013 :: Technical Architect
A small RIBA Architects Practice which specialises in residential and Social Housing Projects (occasionally with some office and commercial elements) is looking to recruit an Architect with at least two years practical experience.
Job description and requirements:
The applicant should be proficient in all technical aspects of productions as well as the preparing of design proposals for clients and planning applications. The successful applicant will have primary responsibility for delivering production and technical information on projects. Experience in social housing projects will be an advantage with knowledge of the requirements and impact of Lifetime Homes, Code for Sustainable Homes and Renewable Energy.
Key responsibilities are:
- Develop project briefs and design programmes.
- Evaluate and advise clients upon environmental, regulatory and legal requirements affecting the project and obtaining of initial approvals.
- Ensuring all criteria is complied with for social housing client requirements in terms of space, sustainability, accessibility and economics.
- Liaising and producing documentation for statutory approvals from appropriate authorities.
- Providing professional advice, guidance and decision making to clients, users and design / construction teams.
- Production of detailed working packages.
- Producing, managing, controlling and integrating generic design and production information for use in future projects.
Essential skills required:
- Expert in use of AutoCAD and Revit with preference for Sketchup.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Code for Sustainable Homes, Lifetime Homes and current Building Regulations.
- Articulate with a flexible attitude to assignments.
The applicant must be presentable with a proven record of delivering projects to time and budget.
Please apply by e-mail with a covering letter enclosing a CV and full contact details to Mr Roy Anklesaria
, Director, Affordable Architects Limited.
Only suitable applicants will be contacted and invited to attend an interview.
14/06/2013 :: Architects, Designers
WindStone International GmbH is seeking for
- An experienced Design Architect;
- An experienced Acquisition Architect;
- An experienced Competition Architect;
- An experienced Interior Designer/Architect.
- Bachelor/Master degree.
- Excellent written and spoken English to Native speaker level.
- Medium too long experienced on large-sized mixed use and residential projects.
- Excellent IT job-related skills.
- Have team spirit, work independently and under pressure within tight deadlines.
What to expect
An interesting and challenging job both nationally and internationally.
If this has caught your interest, please send your job application documents to email
14/06/2013 :: Architects
We are seeking Architects and Graduate Architects for our New York Office. The successful individuals will have the following profile:
- 5-10 years relevant work experience and proficiency in the production of working drawings from schematic design through to construction administration with minimum supervision. Thorough understanding of construction detailing is essential.
- High level of skill in current versions of Revit/BIM and 3D modeling software (3D Studio Max), AutoCAD, Microstation, Digital Project and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to assemble a construction drawing set including site plans, floor plans, elevations, building sections, wall details etc. with minimal supervision.
- Fully versed in the New York City Building Code with experience with large scale commercial, mixed-use and institutional buildings.
- Strong knowledge of building technology and assembly, construction methodology, materials application and interpretation of manufacturers’ requirements.
- LEED AP preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, design, and problem solving skills as well as appreciation and sensitivity to architectural design intent.
- Positive attitude with proven proficiency working collaboratively within a team setting.
- Strong work ethic, ability to work efficiently and with accuracy, takes responsibility for own work.
- Self-motivated individual capable of assuming increasing responsibility for both current and future projects and who, in particular, is interested in growing with the firm.
If you would like to join a dynamic, fast-paced, but friendly, supportive team based environment, please submit a cover letter with credentials, electronic resume and images of your work to Sandi Campbell, HR Manager at email
. Please include AIA Architects in the subject line.
Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to us including current resume and cover letter and examples of their work. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Resumes will be accepted in confidence.