30/11/2013 :: Project Architect
Rogers Partners is searching for a Project Architect with a demonstrated history of design excellence to work closely with firm Principals and lead projects from concept design through project completion. We are looking for creative people who wish to work within a team environment to produce timeless, innovative, sustainable design and share our love for the art and craft of building. Considered applicants must have the following minimum qualifications:
- 8-10 years of experience with a minimum of 3 years as the lead project architect through all phases of design and construction for institutional, multi-family, corporate or public space projects in excess of $10M for design firms with national and international reputations.
- An architectural license is required and LEED accreditation is desired.
- Organizational and technical proficiency to manage a team, detail a project, complete construction documents and oversee construction administration.
- Experience coordinating large teams of consultants.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiencies in AutoCAD, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suites, experience with Revit a plus.
- Candidates must be a US citizen or hold a current US work visa that is valid for a minimum of one year.
Please do not apply if you do not meet all of these conditions as your submission will not be considered.
Please submit a single PDF inclusive of your cover letter, your CV, references and work samples to email
Please do not send links to online portfolios.
30/11/2013 :: Designer / Architect
Shubin + Donaldson Architects in Culver City is seeking a motivated Designer/Architect with 5-7 years of experience in publication-quality commercial and residential projects as an addition to our team. S+D is currently undertaking a diverse range of new projects, including ground-up construction, commercial renovations, creative workplaces, and custom residences.
Candidates must have demonstrated proficiency in conceptual design, design presentation, and construction documentation. We are seeking a talented individual with the ability to work both independently in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a project team. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential. Proficiency with developing construction documents and experience in Revit are required. Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture. Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or have permanent residence status.
Commensurate with experience.
Shubin + Donaldson is a growing, award-winning design practice staffed by 30 architects and designers, plus support staff.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements may send their resume and selected work samples with "Culver City Designer/Architect" in the subject line to email
. Please send PDF-format files only, 5MB maximum. No phone calls will be accepted.
30/11/2013 :: Associate Architect
We have been retained by one of the country’s leading healthcare architectural practices to search the market place and find them the future leader of their growing central London studio which currently consists of approximately 50 architectural and support staff.
This practice comes with a strong hospital design pedigree and is therefore considered by many to be a major player within the UK and international healthcare sector. Since their formation they have successfully delivered multiple award-winning buildings in the Healthcare and R & D sectors. The Practice is now looking to build on the recent upturn in the market by recruiting a senior level Architect who is a serious healthcare specialist.
They are searching for a highly ambitious qualified Architect who possesses a wealth of experience within the acute and mental healthcare sectors. Career progression to Director level is available for the right candidate.
To be considered for this “once in a lifetime” role you must have worked for a major player within the UK healthcare sector, possess strong design skills and business development skills with a proven track record gained on a number of major multi-million pound healthcare projects. You must also be a natural leader, communicator and thinker as this role is the key to the future of the business. This role is ideal for an individual who is struggling to make that natural move into a management role within their current practice.
If you are interested in finding out more about this unique and fantastic opportunity please contact Ian Whitear on 07930534190 for a confidential conversation or email
30/11/2013 :: Interior Designer
SmithGroupJJR is an idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. According to the 2013 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 9th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR as one of the foremost architectural and engineering firms in the world. The Phoenix office of SmithGroupJJR is looking for an Interior Designer to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Create and develop design concepts and presentations for small to medium sized projects or assists with large-sized projects.
- Prepare interior design drawings, renderings and assignments under general supervision including developing plans for demolition, partition, ceiling, finishes, furniture, elevations, sections, details, power and signal.
- Create 3D concept models of specific dements of design.
- Consult with manufacturers, researches and proposes FF & E materials and products.
- Lead CA efforts with some supervision including the tracking of FF & E progression.
- Coordinates drawings with drawings of other disciplines.
- Relate building design concepts to building codes and other external issues.
- Mentor and trains junior staff.
- Assist with marketing efforts including creating graphics for inclusion in marketing proposals and materials, and research information for marketing proposals and materials.
An ideal candidate has:
- Minimum 4 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or equivalent.
- LEED AP preferred.
- Proficiency in current design software including CAD, Revit, Sketchup and Microsoft Office.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We also offer a flexible work schedule, which provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to email
No phone calls please.
30/11/2013 :: Senior Project Designer
KEO International Consultants is a highly ranked and award winning planning, architecture, engineering and project and construction management firm with offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Bahrain, Dubai, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Project Designer to join our team. Working as a Senior Project Designer within the Design Division you will play a lead role in developing project designs through a rigorous process from initial vision through to completion.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who can demonstrate experience in the following:
- Developing design alternatives to achieve either a design vision or client’s stated objectives and ensuring that the design intent of a project is followed through until the end of the working drawings.
- Preparing presentation drawings and making presentations to clients.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of design programs such as AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator and In-Design.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited institution with a minimum of 10 years of working experience. Master’s qualifications are preferred as is Membership with a professional Architectural Association such as AIA or RIBA. Prior experience should include high rise and large scale building projects.
KEO offers long term career opportunities, generous expatriate salary packages and dynamic career development opportunities. In addition, KEO provides relocation assistance with a team of experienced HR professionals trained to support you through the process.
All applications will be treated confidentially.