28/02/2013 :: Junior Architect
JENDRETZKI is seeking a Junior Architect with a minimum 3 years of experience in high-end residential and commercial work. JENDRETZKI is a small firm working on projects in New York City, Southampton, New Jersey, and Los Angeles, CA. The position involves design, 3D modeling, drafting, coordination with engineers, construction documents, and site visits. Emphasis is given to the following requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Problem solving.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to develop a good relationship with clients.
- Excellent design skills and 3D modeling / rendering / presentation skills.
- Ability to create and solve construction details.
- Ability to coordinate drawings with engineers and consultants.
- Proficient in CAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, other graphic software.
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point, Word.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
Please send resume, samples of work, and compensation requirements to email.
No phone calls please.
28/02/2013 :: Junior Designer
212box is a multidisciplinary design firm that approaches architecture, public projects, graphic design, film, advertising, and product design with a singular mix of detail-oriented commitment and rigorously developed sense of play.
This person will work under senior designers to help execute retail shops located worldwide. As a team member he or she will assist in the productions of working drawings.
- 1-3 years professional experience.
- Construction Documentation experience.
No phone calls please. Send resume to email. We will contact qualified applicants.
28/02/2013 :: Architect
Purcell is an award winning architectural practice with a commitment to quality. We work on some of the finest buildings in the UK and beyond. From meticulous conservation schemes to bold contemporary design, we create thoughtful architecture that enhances its context.
We are looking for an Architect with up to 3 years Post-Part III experience to join our lively Bristol studio. Applicants must be able to demonstrate outstanding design talent, and have a keen interest in building conservation and contemporary design in historic settings. We are currently working on a wide range of repair, regeneration and cultural schemes, and have exciting projects now commencing on site.
Please send your CV and a small portfolio to email with Architect/Bristol highlighted in the subject heading.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
28/02/2013 :: Intermediate Architectural Designer
WCA is an award-winning / published architecture and interior design firm in downtown Manhattan, seeking a mid-level architectural designer. Majority of our work is executing high end residential design (from ground up construction to loft renovations to townhouses), in addition we have commercial clients and have a furniture / accessory line.
- The designer will act as team member under the direction of the Project Manager or Senior Designer and will collaborate with principle, with fluctuating oversight. He or she is a team member in the design of a project from its origin and delivery of the design from conceptualization, through development, coordination, documentation and execution in the field.
The Intermediate Designers core responsibilities are:
- As part of the team, prepare designs to meet the clients program, quality objectives, project constraints, and execution of the firms design vocabulary and philosophy, with limited supervision required.
- Provide material research, programing diagrams, design presentations including mood boards, quick 3D hand sketching as required.
- Assist on the development of the whole design of the project according to the design intent, client goals and senior directives.
- Reviewing documents to ensure they incorporate the design intent.
- Assist junior designers.
- Represent WCA and the design in consultant coordination meetings.
- Participate in design coordination within WCA, i.e. between architecture, decorators and graphics, and between Owners consultants and WCA.
- Coordination with vendors and manufacturers.
- Part of the team creating and delivering presentations based on the WCA’s standards for presentations and contract documents.
- Provide the production and delivery of quality and timely sets of contract documents being drawings, specifications, sample boards, reports as required for each unique project.
- Review own work for corrections, improvement and overall interest.
- Responding to RFI’s and interpreting the contract documents to ensure the design intent is met.
- Reviewing submittals, shop drawings, substitutions and field conditions for conformance with design intent.
- Attending and reporting on field visits.
- Conducting punch lists reviews.
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
- BA/BS required. A minimum of three (3) years' experience at an architecture or interior design firm, preferably in NYC high end residential / commercial exposure.
- Strong skills in creating a BID set and CD set with clear understanding of detailing.
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD; Fluency in Sketch up and 3DMax is a desirable.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, proactive and multi-tasking environment.
- An important aspect of this position is having a discerning eye for design. Interest in and experience in high end modern residential.
- A range of conceptual and technical design skill sets yet with a strong tendency towards design and conceptualization.
If you meet the above requirements, please send to email your resume, 3 email references, portfolio samples as PDF attachments (maximum 5MB) and your salary request. Applications without these attachments will not be considered.
28/02/2013 :: Architect
R D Jones & Associates, a nationally recognized firm in hospitality / multi-family residential design, is offering an excellent career advancement opportunity for strong technical architects with hands-on experience with medium to large scale hospitality and multi-family projects.
Requirements for this position are:
- Minimum 8 years professional experience; eligible to take the registration exam, or in process but not yet registered.
- Graduate of accredited architectural program with Bachelor's level degree (preferred) or commensurate professional experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of materials, interior detailing and construction techniques.
Architect will work under direct supervision of Senior Architect / Senior Associate. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform various tasks including but not limited to each of the following project phases - Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Administration.
- Research building materials and systems, and codes and regulations.
- Perform non-routine and complex drafting tasks within company and industry standards and codes.
- Develop details consistent with design's direction and support overall quality of project.
- Coordinate details and dimensions.
- Produce construction documents consistent with office standards.
RDJA offers a friendly studio environment dedicated to personal growth with excellent benefits and compensation.
Send resumes to:
RD Jones & Associates, Inc.