14/09/2013 :: Intermediate Designer
Parts and Labor Design is an award-winning full service design firm specializing in hospitality, commercial and retail spaces. Based in New York City, Parts and Labor offers a bespoke, bare-knuckled and straight forward approach to high end design, focusing on unique and highly customized interiors, furniture and lighting. Our breadth reaches from New York to Dubai, and includes restaurants, bars, hotels and retail projects at every scale. In 2009 partners Andrew Cohen and Jeremy Levitt sought out to start a company whose foundation is built upon their relationships with fellow designers, fabricators, and most importantly their clients. Their goal is that each product embodies integrity, originality and a love of design.
PLD is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated Intermediate Designer with 3-5 years of post-graduate experience in the field to join our expanding New York office. Beyond core technical competence and strong presentation skills, candidates must have an understanding of the built environment and a confident, fashion-forward approach to design. Our casual yet professional, energetic and collaborative office environment offers great growth potential for motivated individuals who are looking to advance their careers, be exposed to all facets of design and enthusiastically take on responsibility.
- Masters Degree in Architecture preferred.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in all phases of design process: conceptual, schematic design, detail and design development, construction documents and construction administration. Furniture and Lighting design and production experience is also preferred but not required.
- Experience in hospitality design highly preferred. Demonstrated focus on interior architecture and design.
- Excellent AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite (In Design / Photoshop / Illustrator) skills.
- Proven and efficient 3D modeling (Rhino / Sketch Up) skills.
- Highly developed skills in client communications, project scheduling, technical detailing, consultant coordination and construction administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge in FFE specification and materials research.
- Excellent communication skills, and highly articulate. Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Hands-on approach to design.
- Self-disciplined and confident in a dynamic environment.
- PC Platform.
- Must be legally able to work in the US. Relocation is not offered.
- PLD offers a competitive salary, medical benefits, sick and vacation time.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and ability.
PLD is not a licensed architecture firm and is not authorized to sign off on NCARB hours. Candidates who require this need not apply.
Please send your resume and work samples via email in PDF format (file size less than 8MB) to email
No phone calls please.
14/09/2013 :: Project Architect
As architects, designers, planners and consultants, we partner with our clients on some 3,000 projects every year. These projects can be as small as a wine label or as large as a new urban district. With more than 2,500 professionals networked across 35 locations, we serve our clients as trusted advisors, combining localized expertise with global perspective wherever new opportunities arise.
Gensler's New York office is looking for a Project Architect with 7-10 years experience to join our team. The ideal candidate must have experience working on Commercial Office Buildings projects.
Project Architect will be responsible for:
- Organizing and managing project teams and team assignments.
- Coordination between teams, consultants and clients.
- Managing project timelines and schedules.
- Resolution of complex technical and design issues as they arise.
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications to be considered:
- 7-10 years professional experience.
- BArch, MArch or foreign equivalent.
- NY Architectural License preferred.
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and structures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have experience working on base building architecture.
- Computer skills should include AutoCad, Illustrator, Photoshop, SketchUp. 3DMax and Revit is a plus.
- Strong leadership abilities and the ability to manage teams and projects.
- Strong organizational skills.
Please apply online
or directly to the requisition here
14/09/2013 :: Architect
Architect to take a lead role in small but very busy long established practice, construction and CAD competence essential, car owner from West London, Bucks or Berks to work freelance. Personal advancement certain for the right candidate.
Responses to email
, must be restricted to a brief statement of capabilities and expectations.
14/09/2013 :: Senior Architect
Core States Group, a growing engineering and architectural firm, is a customer-centric, results-proven organization, renowned for standards in excellence and performance. As an integral member of our team, you'll be deeply connected to a business that matters, and in turn make a real commitment to our success. Working at Core States means being part of a company culture of respect, teamwork and customer dedication that transcends the organization from top to bottom.
Currently we have an opening for a Senior Architect / project Manager in our Warren, New Jersey office.
The qualified candidate will possess:
At least 10 years of experience and a degree in architecture, architectural registration is preferred. The Qualified candidate will be responsible for initial design development through construction documentation for mainly retail and commercial architectural projects. The qualified candidate should also have experience in field observation, knowledge of building materials, specifications, construction techniques experience with building codes, zoning and have sufficient knowledge of engineering disciplines.
The Project Manager will have a number of responsibilities including production management, develop and maintain client relationships, and manage team resources. The Project Manager will work closely with our clients to identify objectives, scope of work and devise options; to satisfy our clients’ needs. The Project Manager will be responsible for knowledge of technical specifications and undertaking a high-level of project quality review.
The qualified candidate will also:
Be proficient in the use of software programs including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Adobe, SketchUp and Revit.
At Core States, you'll work at a dynamic firm that competes in exciting, growing markets.
We offer competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, and strong growth and development opportunities.
Our competitive compensation package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, along with 401(k) with company match.
Core States Group is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
14/09/2013 :: Senior Architect
We are seeking for intermediate architects with 7+ years’ experience in major international architecture firms that participated or completed big-scale of project before. Our current projects include high-rises, mixed-use developments and cultural projects both within China and abroad. The ideal candidate should also be extremely professional, possess strong communication skills and experienced in execution phases- especially that in DD and CD. The ideal candidate should:
- Possess bachelor’s or higher degree in Architecture.
- Have minimum 7 years of experience, especially those that have participated and completed large scale projects at top tier international design firms. The ideal candidate should also be extremely professional, possess strong communication skills and experienced in execution phases-especially that in DD and CD.
- Be a strong leader, can direct and also coach design teams well to ensure overall design quality, scheduling and execution, can oversee junior architects’ performance and deliver proper guidance for their career path and learning curve in MAD office.
- Has expertise in AutoCAD. Preference will be given to those who very familiar with Rhino or Maya.
- Be experienced in shop drawings and has strong knowledge in the profession. Possess the skills to communicate work details in every step of construction and detail documentation phases, also very familiar with materials.
- Can keep up with the fast paced work environment and deal with obstacles and tight deadlines with a positive attitude. The candidate should also be positive and out-going, strong communicator and able to priorities and handle multi-tasks when he/she is required to do so.
- Has deep knowledge, understanding and education of general design concept, also has acknowledgement of technical terms, policy, protocol & rules for project. Can absolutely understand, deliver and execute principals’ thoughts and idea on project and design concept.
- Strong communicator that had experience and could communicate with client or other partners. Has general oversight and management on the entire project or maybe multiple projects that He/She is overseeing.
Please submit applications at email>. Please use "Senior Architects" as email subject.