16/02/2013 :: Junior Designer
Murphy Burnham & Buttrick is a design focused architecture firm based in New York City that does a broad range of residential, educational and civic work. We are looking for an individual with a graduate degree in architecture, two years of experience and exceptional design and rendering skills.
16/02/2013 :: Intermediate Architect / Interior Designer
Clodagh Design is looking for a technical Intermediate Level Architect or Interior Designer with luxury, hotels, restaurant and high-end residential experience to join our talented team. The ideal candidate would be a creative, self-motivating and meticulous individual that is willing to embark on amazing projects and a rewarding professional experience.
- Highly proficient in Autocad 2013 and Revit.
- Minimum of 4-8 years of professional working experience.
- Experience in interior design and architecture for hospitality and high-end residential projects.
- Provide excellent presentation skills including 2D / 3D rendering skills and proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch Up and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Registered architect or NCIDQ license preferred. Or in the process of getting licenses.
- LEED AP or strong knowledge of environmental and sustainability friendly products.
- Basic knowledge of current building codes including ADA requirements.
- Must be a US green card holder or US citizen and currently living in NYC.
- Exhibits understanding of the firm's design philosophy as it applies to each project.
- Ability to produce complete construction drawings using AutoCAD 2013 and Revit.
- Coordinate with outside consultants and vendors.
- Have a good understanding of interior finishes, materials, furniture, lighting, fixtures, and F, F & E schedules and budgets for hospitality and residential projects.
- Proficiency in millwork detailing and specifications and reviewing shop drawings.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- We offer a competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter with salary requirements and work samples in PDF format 5MB limit, [no websites please] to email. Please, only applicants currently living in NYC should apply. All others will be deleted. No phone calls please.
16/02/2013 :: Retail Designer
As TJX Europe, our European businesses include TK Maxx in Germany, Poland and in the UK & Ireland and HomeSense in the UK. Our stores offer shoppers a huge range of brands with up to 60% off recommended retail prices. Our team of buyers deals directly with thousands of designers and brand owners all over the world. And then we pass the savings onto our customers.
Working at TJX Europe, variety and diversity are not only ever present, they are essential. So, whatever your individual talents or interests, it's more than likely that we have exactly what you are looking for. With an extensive range of career options across Germany, Poland the UK & Ireland. TJX Europe stands out as one of the most successful and exciting retailers in Europe.
For our German Head Office in Düsseldorf we are looking for a highly skilled
Retail Designer (m/f)
- To create block plans and resulting fixture layouts for new TJX Europe stores of any fascia, to an agreed programme and drive through the approval process of the fixture plan. To minimise deviations from the agreed block plan and ensure all fixture layouts are in accordance with the principles of store design as published by Store Design.
- To carry out fixture drawing changes to existing sites in accordance with the agreed branding and store design principles.
- To visit site during the course of the project to ensure best use of architecture and space for fixturing. Resolve fixturing questions and / or raise questions to the Retail Design Manager for other issues that affect the store design.
- Receive Revit model of new stores and produce a fixture layout that meets merchandise capacity requirements and the brand identity needs. Liaise closely with Store Merchandising and Store Operations to agree the fixture layouts at weekly meetings.
- To ensure that all modifications to the original Revit model are discussed with the Retail Design Manager at the regular weekly meetings to ensure all parties agree on the solutions being used.
- Amend signage plans in accordance with Store Design agreed design and standards as the original Revit model is developed for fixturing.
- Provide completed Revit merchandising capacity, fixture and signage schedules for each completed fixture layout presented at an appropriate point to support the presentation.
- Producing site specific presentation material for Store Design.
- Present own work in approval meetings with stakeholders, record the changes agreed and provide amends in accordance with the generic published project timescale until the drawings are agreed.
- Provide Project Managers with approved plans to assist with the new store opening and relocation / refurbishment programme. Act as the main contact for design-related questions for the Construction team throughout the process until the store is handed over.
- Arrange site visits as necessary to understand the nature of the site and architecture of the building to ensure the best use of space from the fixture layout and signage arrangements.
Key skills, knowledge & experience
- Experience and understanding of store design and management of drawing production.
- Working knowledge of AutoDesk Revit 2012 or later and Microsoft Office suite.
- Appreciation of 3D modelling in AutoCAD or similar.
- An understanding of the mechanics of shopfitting equipment.
- An appreciation of the shopping traits of retail customers, common fixture design and visual merchandising principles.
- Able to visualise store design in 3D to appreciate the use of signage and merchandising.
Please send us your application in English.
16/02/2013 :: Recently Qualified Architect
Willingale Associates, an established practice based in Clerkenwell with a range of projects in Central London, seeks a recently qualified architect or experienced architectural assistant to join the team.
Candidates should be talented and self-motivated with a range of office management skills and broad experience of advancing projects through planning and building regulations applications.
All candidates must be proficient in Microstation, Adobe suite and Office programmes. Part 3 candidates should also have experience in specification, tendering and contract management.
Projects include a range of refurbishment, extension and new-build developments for mixed use schemes in sensitive urban contexts.
A full-time PAYE position is available now, salary negotiable subject to experience.
Please send your CV, Covering letter (with salary expectations), and examples of your work to email.
No Agencies please.
16/02/2013 :: Senior Architect / Designer
Exciting opportunity to join a national homebuilder in NJ/NY/PA as a key member of their Architectural team.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years‘ experience creating new residential designs. You must be able to quickly and readily generate concept sketches for single, multi and mid-rise design portfolio in a fast paced environment by free-hand and utilizing Google Sketchup. 5 Year Bachelor degree in Architecture and licensed architect in the state of NJ required.
A portfolio representing recent work is required to be presented during interview.
Please forward your resume and salary requirements to email.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years‘ experience creating new residential designs.
- You must be able to quickly and readily generate concept sketches for single, multi and mid-rise design portfolio in a fast paced environment by free-hand and utilizing Google Sketchup.
- 5 Year Bachelor degree in Architecture and licensed architect in the state of NJ required.
- A portfolio representing recent work is required to be presented during interview.