14/08/2013 :: Junior Architect
Union Square architectural firm specializing in meticulously detailed high-end residential and retail projects seeks candidates with 3-5 years experience for a full-time Jr. Architect position. The specific position available is to be part of a team assembling and producing construction drawings for luxury retail projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience in all phases of Design and Construction Documents, have Construction Administration experience, have strong technical skills, be highly organized, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, have the ability to work both independently and in team context and have the ability to self manage and work on multiple projects.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related professional experience.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents.
- Knowledge of the local building code is required.
- Proficiency in Vectorworks.
- Strong Rhino and Grasshopper are an advantage but are not required.
Please limit emails to under 4mb
No phone calls will be accepted. Applications should be submitted only to email
Emails must include all of the following: a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
14/08/2013 :: Designer
Leong Leong is a New York-based design office. Leong Leong's internationally recognized work is directed by Chris and Dominic Leong. The firm was recently nominated for the Cooper Hewitt National Design Awards and has completed projects in New York, Seoul, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, and Napa Valley California.
Leong Leong is seeking applicants for a full-time designer position. You possess exceptional conceptual, design, communication, and organizational skills. You are collaborative yet self-directed. You are highly motivated and proactive. You have experience in multiple facets of architectural production from Concept Development through Construction Administration. You are extremely organized, communicative and able to effectively coordinate with a design team and consultants. You are resourceful, relentless and capable of working under tight deadlines. Your interest in architecture is broad and you are a voracious consumer of culture from ancient history to contemporary culture and everything in-between.
- +3 years of professional experience in an architecture firm.
- Master's Degree in Architecture.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Software and Rhino.
- Hands-on approach and highly motivated.
- Excellent rendering and image making abilities.
- Desire to be involved in all aspect of a project from concept to implementation.
- Self-reliant and resourceful.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong graphic and communication skills.
- Experience in retail and interior design is advantageous.
Qualified candidates are encouraged a cover letter, CV, and work samples as a single PDF no larger than 3mb to email
. Include 'Designer' in the subject field. We can only respond to a limited number of qualified candidates. No phone inquiries, please.
14/08/2013 :: Project Architect
We are looking for highly experienced recent Part III architects to join our practice as a project architect. Candidates should have a minimum of two years experience in an architectural practice and be motivated and able to manage their own projects from inception to completion. This is an opportunity to take on a role with significant responsibility and direct contact with clients. The candidate should be able to demonstrate an understanding of project management and administration, have strong design and technical construction knowledge and be confident in site management and communication.
Posts will be for a fixed term of 12 months with a view to becoming permanent.
Please send CVs and portfolios to email
14/08/2013 :: Project Designer
Produce high quality working drawings for the company's Construction projects.
- Produce construction documents for construction projects through sheet preparation and layout ensuring that all working drawings are prepared in accordance with applicable national and local codes through code research and general knowledge.
- Research and maintain project documentation through Real Estate management software and help design preliminary site plans for review by Expansion Committee.
- Coordinate and communicate with outside consultants and other development personnel.
- Contact city officials for requirements on new or remodeling projects.
High school diploma with subsequent courses of study in AutoCAD 2D design.
2 years experience with an architectural or engineering design firm, which specializes in commercial projects. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills necessary. Ability to work as part of a team. Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks at various stages through completion.
O'Reilly Auto Parts, www.oreillyauto.com/careers
14/08/2013 :: Vectorworks Architects
Well established award winning, design focused company based in Central London has a great opportunity for an architect to join their team on a permanent basis. You will be working an on large commercial, mixed use, residential, arts & cultural development projects using Vectorworks.
The successful architect will need to lead from the front and be able to work in Vectorworks and have excellent design as well as technical knowledge. Working across all RIBA stages you will need to show design flair and have had some job running experience. The architect will need to be a confident user of Vectorworks. Past experience working for a respected design studio would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of CAD systems, Vectorworks is preferred and Sketchup / InDesign advantageous.
- Working knowledge of UK Building Systems, Regulations and construction types.
- Working knowledge of town planning procedures.
- The successful architect will need to lead from the front and be able to work in Vectorworks and have excellent design as well as technical knowledge.
- Past experience working for a respected design studio would be advantageous.
Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, be highly computer literate (Vectorworks), self-motivated, a clear thinker, alongside a strong team player who can work in a multi-disciplinary team.
If you feel you have the skills for this job then please send your CV and work examples asap to email