20/08/2013 :: Intermediate Architect
Mitchell Studio, an architecture firm in Connecticut is seeking an architect/intern to fill an intermediate level position. We are a small firm with a focus on private residences in traditional and vernacular styles. Our work is primarily on the East Coast and is concentrated in Connecticut, Manhattan and the Hamptons.
Responsibilities of the position include the management of two or more projects at a time, drafting and organization of construction documents, preparation of presentation materials, and construction administration support. The position requires a highly-motivated person capable of working alone or in a team.
The ideal candidate will be personable, creative, hard-working, and comfortable with responsibility. It is essential that the candidate have 3-5 years work experience in residential design and construction detailing, a degree in architecture, strong written and verbal communication skills, and enthusiasm for design and the history of architecture. Proficiency in AutoCAD is required as is a working knowledge of residential construction detailing.
We offer good benefits, a competitive salary, great clients, and a pleasant work environment. We also offer the opportunity to work in a diversity of styles on creative challenges ranging in scale from plan-making to furniture design.
If you would like to be considered for the position and feel you meet qualifications listed above, please send your cover letter, resume and work samples and salary requirements to email
Only applicants in the CT/NY area will be considered.
20/08/2013 :: Junior Architect
Silver + Ong specializes in residential, hospitality, and urban design for projects in the US and Asia. We are currently seeking intellectually motivated design candidates with Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Architecture and minimum of 3-5 years professional work experience, solid project management capabilities, and excellent communication skills. Applicants should be extremely organized, punctual, and able to multitask. Strong graphic design and presentation skills are required.
- 3-5 years professional working experience as designer and project manager.
- Experience with Ground up Construction in New York.
- Working knowledge of NYC Building Code, Zoning, and DOB filings.
Skills & responsibilities:
- Highly organized and able to work within given deadlines.
- Ability to design and detail independently and effectively.
- Fluency in Revit, Acad, and Sketch up.
- Excellent presentation skills and graphic communication using Adobe CS.
- Concept through Construction Administration.
- Urban Design Experience a plus.
- Advanced Modeling and Scripting Experience a plus.
- Mandarin speaking a plus.
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter, and work samples in PDF format (8 MB limit) to email
Work samples to include:
1. Construction Documents & Details.
2. Work Produced using Revit.
3. Academic Design Work and Writing Sample.
4. Freehand Drawing Sample.
5. Professional and Academic References.
- To be considered for this position applicants must live in NYC, have legal working status, and be willing and able to travel periodically.
No phone calls please.
20/08/2013 :: Architect
To help us realise the design potential of our growing workload, we are looking for talented and enthusiastic project architects (with 1-3 years post-Part 3 experience) to join us in our London office.
Experience with, or aptitude to learn Revit is a plus.
If you would like to be considered for joining our award-winning team, please request an application form by emailing our Practice Manager, Sue Hind at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th August 2013.
Ellis Williams Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
20/08/2013 :: Designer
OMA is a leading international office practicing architecture, urban planning, and cultural analysis. OMA is dedicated to the realization of buildings and masterplans around the world that insist on intelligent forms, while inventing new possibilities for content and everyday use. OMA has projects in over 30 countries with offices in Rotterdam, New York, Beijing, Hong Kong and – soon to be opened – Doha. The counterpart to OMA is AMO, a research and design studio working in media, politics, renewable energy, technology, publishing, fashion, micro-design and cultural advisory.
OMA’s New York office has an immediate need for a strong designer who has completed projects in California and hold a license in California.
- California registered with a minimum of (4) years construction experience.
- Strong conceptual and design talent.
- Professional degree in Architecture, Design or related field.
- Strong AutoCAD, 3D Max, Rhino, and Adobe Suite skills.
- Experience with large scale and complex projects.
- Confidence in working in a complex international environment.
- Fluent in English (in written and speaking).
Only candidates registered in California whose skills match the requirements above should apply.
To apply, visit our website
and use our online application form to upload your cover letter, resume and portfolio.
20/08/2013 :: Entry-Level Designer
Site Design Group, ltd. is an urban design, landscape architecture, and architecture firm that was founded in Chicago, Illinois in 1990. Comprised of thirteen design professionals, we are recognized by our ability to visualize and communicate innovative design concepts and spatial experiences throughout the design process.
The entry-level designer is primarily responsible for production of renderings and construction documents with involvement in all phases of the planning and design process, including research, conceptualization, construction documents and details, and organizational support. Working with the project manager, design director, and principal-in-charge, the designer shall gain exposure to all facets of the profession.
Commensurate with experience.
Mail or e-mail a cover letter, resume, and portfolio by September 16, 2013 to:
Site Design Group, Ltd.
888 South Michigan Avenue, #1000
Chicago, Illinois 60605
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Urban Design, or a related field.
- Competency with relevant software, including; Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk AutoCAD, Sketch-up, and other 3D modeling software. Knowledge of MicroStation is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, clients, and consultants.
- Ability to represent site design group, ltd. to clients and company friends in a gracious and professional manner.
- A commitment to design excellence and innovation.