15/01/2013 :: Architect Designer
Our NYC studio is seeking exceptionally driven architectural designers with 1 to 5 years of work experience who can excel in the challenging work environment of a start-up office. Responsibilities will include working closely with the principal to develop designs for a variety of projects at different scales and program types including but not limited to office & residential towers, a mixed-used urban complex, a beach-front hotel, a university campus master plan, a marina village and an international airport terminal.
The nature of our work requires that all team members share a deep passion for the evolution of design thinking while being devoted to the reality of how we can push the envelop of what is possible in each project. We are as a studio deeply commitment to making buildings that advance the discourse of architecture.
We need candidates to be technically sophisticated, intellectually agile and eager to collaborate. Proficiency with all the latest modeling software and facility with adobe products is necessary.
The quality of the portfolio to be submitted is a key element in the application. The design work must be top-notch. A graduate degree in architecture is preferred.
Start date will be between Feb 1 to March 1, 2013.
15/01/2013 :: Project Architect
Fletcher Thompson provides innovative and responsive design solutions to clients in the Education, College/University, Business & Industry, Government and Healthcare sectors. We have an immediate opening in our New York City office for a capable Project Architect 7 to 10 year’s experience, with a strong NYC background in the design, production and coordination of quality construction documents. An architectural degree and strong Revit skills are required.
Send resume/cover letter to: Connie Koch, HR, Fletcher-Thompson, Inc, Three Corporate Drive, Shelton, CT 06484. FAX: (203) 225-6701.
Fletcher Thompson Architecture + Engineering, LLC, www.ftae.com
15/01/2013 :: Senior retail designers
MDLab is the design office of Cheil Worldwide. Cheil Worldwide’s headquarters are based in Seoul and is a subsidiary company of Samsung. Being no.1 advertising agency in Korea and 16th (2011) in the world, more than 4,000 employees are working for Cheil worldwide.
Munich, the only design office for Cheil and was founded in 2010 with about 30 designers and architects. You will be joining the 3D design group made up of architects, interior architects, product designers, industrial designers, graphic designers and strategy planners.
Our projects range from exhibition pavilions (Olympics, Expo..), trade shows (IFA, CES, MWC..), store design (flagship stores, brand shops,..) and display design (retail, shop displays, furniture design,..)
You should be ready for global projects. Everyone is highly respected as a professional.To enhance our retail team we are looking for competent retail designers!
- To be able to move to Munich or already to reside in Munich.
- To be positive for working in cosmopolitan organisation.
- Well understanding in how the retail/merchandising process works in the market.
- Basic understanding in marketing theory and shopper insight/strategy.
- More than five yrs experience as a retail designer.
- Experience in creating major corporate’s brand shop, SIS or merchandising guideline/manual.
- Experience in electronic company’s guideline/manual creation process.
- To be able to handle Cinema 4D, Rhino and AutoCAD.
- Bachelor or master degree in design or related area.
- To start to work at least from March 2013.
- Project category (scope: international).
- Flagship/brand shop design and planning.
- Shop In Shop & shop fixture design.
- Global corporate Shop Display guideline.
- Merchandising manual.
- To supervise production and roll-out.
- To understand clients’ need and make a creative concept with strategic planner.
- To present concept and design to client.
- To handle presentation quality.
- To survey industry and extend partner pool.
- Reporting line: Reporting to MDLab creative director.
- Open minded for multi culture.
- Result and performance oriented (rather than process focus).
- Strong project leadership.
Those interested should forward a detailed resume and cover letter with a portfolio, including salary request and possible starting date to email.
15/01/2013 :: Architect
Norman Architects is a small, friendly, Chartered Practice based in Eltham, South East London.
We currently have opportunities for both a recently qualified Architect and are looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to fill these positions. You will be working closely alongside the director undertaking various projects; and play a key role in the future development of the practice.
The successful candidates will ideally:
- Be conscientious and proactive; capable of working effectively as part of a small team or independently on smaller projects.
- Be highly motivated with good organisation, design, presentation and communication skills (verbal, written and graphic).
- Have excellent computer skills. Proficiency in AutoCAD and SketchUp Pro is essential; a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, NBS software would be advantageous.
- Be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of construction and UK Building Regulations.
- Have relevant experience of preparing detailed planning applications for private residential and mixed-use developments.
Salary: negotiable and commensurate with experience. Please submit your CV and examples of your work to email.
No agency applications or enquiries please.
We currently have opportunities for both a recently qualified Architect and a Part II Architectural Assistant and are looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to fill these positions.
15/01/2013 :: Intern Architect
Niles Bolton Associates is a 110-person firm providing architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, and urban planning services. Founded in 1975, NBA has completed projects in 46 states and 16 countries. With offices in Atlanta, Georgia, Alexandria, Virginia and San Jose, California, NBA is currently the nation’s 46th leading architectural firm as ranked by Building Design & Construction. Our major markets include higher education, multifamily residential, retail, corporate, and hospitality.
Niles Bolton Associates is seeking an intern architect who is ambitious, talented, motivated and can take initiative and ownership of projects to join our expanding team in Atlanta, Ga.
Professional Degree, 2-5 years experience with strong AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Revit skills. Candidate should have experience with multifamily, mixed-use and/or student housing projects. Individual must have an ability to work independently and communicate clearly with clients and consultants as well as have a strong interest in building technology.