30/04/2013 :: Architect
OMA’s Doha office is looking for an experienced hands-on Architect who can work independently and in a team and is able to guide and coach other professionals. The Architect will be based in Doha and report directly to the Project Leader or Associate of his/her project and ultimately to the Partner in charge.
- Professional degree in Architecture, Masterplanning, Design or in a relevant field.
- Strong conceptual and design talent.
- 5+ years’ work experience in internationally renowned offices.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with large scale, complex projects, preferably within the Middle East Region.
- Fundamental understanding of the design process and ability to translate great architecture into a great building.
- Experience in (technical) detailing, project related (special) material research, and complex problem solving on all scales.
- Ability to liaise where appropriate with consultants to assess design solutions and guarantee the integrity of the final design.
- Ability to assist in the production and development of all necessary documents, drawings, models, images, schemes etc. related to the design and building process.
- Strong AutoCAD, 3D Max, Rhino, and Adobe Suite skills (experience with Revit is an asset).
- Fluency in English (Arabic is an asset).
- Confidence in working in a complex and international environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Knowledge of OMA’s work.
To apply use our online application form to upload your cover letter, resume and portfolio as a single PDF file.
Office for Metropolitan Architecture, www.oma.eu
30/04/2013 :: Project Architect
ci design, inc. is looking for a licensed Project Architect, with 7 - 10 years of post-graduate experience at our office in Baltimore.
The applicant must be able to review, evaluate, supervise and prepare architectural drawings and manage all aspects to execute projects, supervise staff and be able to lead and direct the work of others. Must be able to interface with clients and consultants. The applicant must possess a thorough knowledge of construction methods and materials, codes and the regulatory process.
Required competencies include Microsoft Office and AutoCAD. Revit and other graphic and 3D software capabilities are a plus.
30/04/2013 :: Senior Project Architect
Senior Project Architect with a minimum of 15 years management and construction administration experience in Type III and Type V multi-family residential buildings in California. Individual must be well organized, have strong time management and technical skills, as well as outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Must have extensive, proven on-site experience with noted construction types and with working collaboratively with contractors and building owners. Must also have extensive in-office experience producing construction documents on these building types. This can be either a full-time or part-time position.
- Minimum of 15 years production and construction administration experience with Type V and Type III multi-family project types in the Los Angeles area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of professional liability issues related to construction administration.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD/Revit.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable and updated building codes and ADA and HUD housing requirements.
- Proof of US citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
Please submit resume, sample of work and salary requirements only by email
. No telephone calls permitted. Candidates chosen for an interview must bring recent design and production samples as applicable to position.
29/04/2013 :: Experienced Architect
GLUCK+, formerly Peter Gluck and Partners Architects and Locus Construction, is an architecture, construction and development firm located in New York City. Over a 40 year period, the firm has generated a multi-faceted approach to the design and construction of buildings. To acknowledge this inclusive and expanding practice, the firm is being renamed GLUCK+, which builds on its approach to Architect Led Design Build (ALDB). We are dedicated to the idea that buildings benefit when architects take responsibility for the architectural process from conception to construction, assuming oversight of all aspects of a project.
We is seeking an experienced Architect interested in participating in an Architect Led Design Build practice. Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience on several educational or multi story residential projects in all phases of design/construction from Schematic Design through Construction Administration.
- Previous experience with technical detailing of façade and envelope, material and specification research, and obtaining agency approvals specifically in New York City on educational and/or residential buildings.
- Highly motivated, team oriented individuals with strong design and technical skills.
To apply, send your resume with Subject line heading: “NYC position” and portfolio sample <3MB to email
. Include both academic and professional work. Please no telephone calls. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to respond to those we are interested in interviewing.
29/04/2013 :: Intermediate Architect / Designer
Apicella + Bunton Architects LLC, an architectural firm located in New Haven CT, is seeking an architect or architectural designer with 1-5 years of experience and the following qualifications for a full-time position:
- B. Arch or M. Arch degree.
- Strong organizational, collaborative, and multitasking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent graphic and design sensibilities.
- Excellent time-management skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- The ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, and familiarity with Sketchup, 3D Programs, Photoshop, InDesign. Revit experience a plus.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format no larger than 3 MB to email
No phone calls, please. We will only consider candidates who meet the qualifications.