14/01/2013 :: Mid-Level Architect
Murphy Burnham & Buttrick is a design focused architecture firm based in New York City that does a broad range of residential, educational and civic work. We are looking for an individual with strong design and technical skills and a minimum of five years of office experience. Position is on a consultant basis with potential for full-time employment and requires immediate availability.
Please send letters of interest and pdf work samples to email.
14/01/2013 :: Project Architect
212 Design Inc is an architectural and design firm located in New York City. Since our establishment in 2008, we have been successfully involved in numerous retail locations both nationwide and internationally, applying our experience with retail design, collaboration, and construction to challenging projects. This experience translates to a high quality of work, visible from the construction drawings to the final product.
We are currently accepting resumes for a talented project architect to coordinate and develop retail and hospitality projects.
- Minimum 5-6 years related experience in retail and hospitality.
- Candidate must have strong technical skills including proficiency with AutoCAD and 3D design software.
- Must be able to produce/coordinate complete construction document sets.
- Must have experience coordinating with consultants, contractors and project team.
- Must have ability to operate with some independence but always reporting to management.
- Must have knowledge of Building codes and building Department procedures.
Applicants should also possess the following requisites:
- Ability to work on various projects at the same time (multi tasking) with 40+ hours/week.
- Ability to travel is required (surveys).
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to assist with or run all phases of a project from Schematic Design through Construction Documents and Administration.
- Degree from an accredited Masters or Bachelor of Architecture degree program.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Site survey of building conditions.
- Preparation of architectural contract drawings for purposes of, bidding, landlord review and building department filing.
- Review of background sets, as-builts. Landlord related documents, millwork and storefront shop drawings.
- Coordination with client and project consultants including mechanical and electrical engineering, lighting, acoustical, structural and furniture consultants.
- Preparation of administrative documents including survey reports, meeting minutes, scope of work description and punch lists.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors, contractors and sub-contractors while ensuring quality of final product for client.
- Communicate with vendors and sub contractors to verify field conditions.
- Daily communication about workload for junior staff; follow up on productivity and progress.
Please provide work sample and salary requirements.
14/01/2013 :: Senior Architect
We currently have vacancies at our London, Qatar and Hong Kong studios for architects with client
management skills and a proven track record of project delivery. Candidates with Middle East, North Africa or Hong Kong experience preferred.
Those interested please forward cv with examples of work advising of preferred location and expected salary to email.
14/01/2013 :: Project Architect
We seek an experienced project architect/production manager to act as lead on commercial, light industrial, retail, institutional and mixed use projects. The ideal candidate will have 6-10 years of experience with developed leadership skills. The individual we seek will have verifiable skills in project design, production and coordination of project construction documents, and managing client relationships. Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills are required.
Key responsibilities include management of the construction phase, client, contractor and consultant coordination, and budget, scope and schedule compliance. Applicants should have a thorough understanding of contracts, design requirements, codes, construction standards and current trends.
- Demonstrated understanding of building codes, environmental regulations, handicap accessibility codes, and the direct application of such.
- Ability to set up & coordinate construction document production for multiple projects from preliminaries to bid release.
- Provide technical expertise on construction details and mentor staff.
- Provide quality assurance reviews on construction documents prepared by others.
- Coordinate with architectural staff regarding drawing/ specification changes during the Bid and Construction Phases.
- Demonstrate effective conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to confidently and decisively take action.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage all aspects of projects, clients and key staff.
We have found the following skills critical for success in architecture and within our firm:
- Accredited degree in architecture or construction management.
- Ability to visualize in 3D.
- Core knowledge of current U.S. standard materials and construction details.
- Vector Works and SketchUp experience is a plus.
Our firm is located in Falls Church, VA. We offer responsibility, flexible hours, a relaxed professional working environment, great benefits, and the opportunity for professional advancement and continuing education.
Interested persons should email cover letter, resume and portfolio.
No phone inquiries please.
14/01/2013 :: Interior Designer
Buro Ole Scheeren is an international architecture firm with a 50-person staff that practices architecture, urbanism, and research. As part of Buro-OSí expanding portfolio of work throughout Asia, including high-rise buildings, multi-use developments, and cultural projects, our Beijing office seeks talented designers who share an enthusiasm and commitment to critical thinking, innovative design, and an investigative approach to comprehensive design.
We are looking for an Interior Designer with a keen eye and well-developed sensibility for innovative thoughtful contemporary design with at least five years of experience with hospitality, commercial/institutional, and residential interiors from design through construction, preferably in Asia, at international design firms.
You will be responsible for developing interior designs for the architectural projects in our office, working directly with the Partner in Charge and the design team, and will develop the interior designs to a DD and CD level of detail for tender/bidding, including selection and specification of material/finishes and furniture. Experience with soft goods and styling is a plus. The ability to work collaboratively with a team and to prepare client presentations as well as internal design reviews is essential.
- 5 years minimum experience in international design offices.
- Strong and clear communication skills and a systematic approach to the design process.
- Relevant degree in Interior Design and/or Architecture.
- Knowledge of finishes, materials, mood boards/packages, details and furniture.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to a high level of design in a high energy work environment.
- Fluency in English; Bilingual (English/Mandarin) is a plus.
- Strong AutoCAD, Microsoft Office/Project, and Adobe CS skills.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with ability and experience. Positions are currently based in Beijing.
Interviews in London could be scheduled for the 13th of January 2013.