27/07/2013 :: Junior / Intermediate Architect
Junior / Intermediate Architect with a Bachelor of Architecture degree and 2-5 years experience. Knowledge of basic building code for residential/commercial projects. Proficiency in AutoCAD Architecture and a working knowledge of construction document preparation a must. Ability to work as a team member and independently. Full or part time on a consulting basis.
Send cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to email
27/07/2013 :: Project Designer
nonzeroarchitecture is a small, award-winning firm, interested in the intersections of architecture, technology and the arts, and in a sustainable approach to building and design. Currently, nonzeroarchitecture is seeking highly qualified candidates for a project designer/inytern architect position. Applicants must be motivated self-starters, have some experience with construction documents and detailing, and have advanced drafting, modeling and presentation skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to quickly grow with a small, design-oriented firm with exciting projects of various scales and types, from residential to media production facilities and public institutions.
- Architectural bachelors or masters degree.
- Minimum of 1 year architectural working experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Motivated and able to work efficiently directly with the principal or as part of a team.
- Proficient with Vectorworks and Form-Z, Photoshop, MS office.
- Experienced and proficient in model building.
Salary commensurate with experience. Immediate opening(s) available.
Please send your resume, work samples and salary expectation to email
No calls, please. Thank you!
27/07/2013 :: Conservation Architect
This role will involve dealing with work on new building and work to historic listed buildings, either Grade I or Grade II.
Applicants will be required to have a thorough working knowledge of conservation and traditional architecture and will need to submit evidence of this either in the form of drawings or photographs of work carried out with a previous employer or qualifications of courses attended in conservation and traditional architecture.
Please apply using the following information:
John Simpson Architects LLP
29 Great James Street
London WC1N 3ES
Closing date for applications: 22nd August 2013.
27/07/2013 :: Architectural Designer
Wright Heerema Architects is seeking a full-time Architectural Designer. This is a unique opportunity for a qualified candidate to join our project teams, receive mentorship from senior level architects and contribute to the design and delivery of significant office building projects for a variety of commercial clients. The task will include:
- Assist architects in the creation of design drawings and renderings for client presentations.
- Assist architects with the development of construction documents.
- Conduct sites surveys and create existing condition documents.
- Coordinate with team members, clients and project consultants.
- Provide project administration support.
- Research product information to assist designers in the selection of architectural materials, products and equipment.
- Local candidate.
- 2 to 5 years of experience.
- Experience in commercial office design preferred.
- Bachelorís or Master degree in Architecture from an accredited university required.
- Proficient at AutoCAD is required.
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketch-up and Adobe Creative Suite highly preferred.
- Positive, out-going, energetic and fun team player.
- Self-motivated, detail orientated and client focused.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, met deadlines and work collaboratively on multiple projects at once.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
resume with salary requirements and work samples to our website
27/07/2013 :: Vectorworks Architects
Well established and growing award winning, design focused company based in Central London has a great opportunity for an architect to join their team on a permanent basis. You will be working an on large commercial, mixed use, arts & cultural development projects using Vectorworks.
The successful architect will need to lead from the front and be able to work in Vectorworks and have excellent design as well as technical knowledge. Working across all RIBA stages you will need to show design flair and have had some job running experience. The architect will need to be a confident user of Vectorworks. Past experience working for a respected design studio would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of CAD systems, Vectorworks is preferred and Sketchup / Indesign advantageous
-Working knowledge of UK Building Systems, Regulations and construction types.
- Working knowledge of town planning procedures.
- The successful architect will need to lead from the front and be able to work in Vectorworks and have excellent design as well as technical knowledge.
- Past experience working for a respected design studio would be advantageous.
Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, be highly computer literate (Vectorworks), self-motivated, a clear thinker, alongside a strong team player who can work in a multi-disciplinary team.