01/04/2013 :: Design Architect
For nearly 30 years, VLK Architects has been a leader in designing innovative educational spaces. VLK is looking for a Design Architect to join our Houston office. The ideal candidate for this position will be well-versed in all phases of design of K-12 schools, with an emphasis on the design of high schools. This position will require creativity and strong organizational skills to find innovative solutions that exceed client expectations.
- Coordinates design efforts during all phases of a project including bond planning, master planning, programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, specifications and construction administration.
- Develops presentation strategies.
- Communicates design ideas through hand sketching, 3D computer renderings and verbal presentation skills.
- Coordinates with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and design team members.
- Must work well in a collaborative environment and be able to respond to design needs from multiple project architects, directors and firm principals.
- Serves in a mentoring role for junior designers.
- Participates in interview presentations, trade show conventions, and general marketing efforts.
- Ability to manage the design process of several concurrent projects.
- Professional Degree in Architecture (B. Arch or M. Arch) from an accredited university.
- 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- Architectural registration in Texas preferred.
- LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Excellent verbal and graphic communication skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp required.
- Proficient in Revit preferred.
- Knowledge of building codes.
- Extensive design portfolio of K-12 projects with emphasis on high schools.
- Knowledge of current educational trends and how school facilities can respond to them.
01/04/2013 :: 3D Visualizer
Talented 3d Visualizer We are looking for a talented 3d visualize with an eye for design to join us on a full time basis. You will be working with some talented architects to not only be involved in current project, but also work on competitions and upcoming presentations.
The role will include preparing client presentation material, brochures and so on. If you feel you have the necessary skill, flare and drive to join our team, please forward your CV / portfolio to email
We would be grateful if you can limit the size of the portfolio to under 5mb. We will see your full portfolio if selected for an interview.
We look forward to hearing from you.
01/04/2013 :: Interior Architect
As Interior Architect, you will be responsible for ensuring that technical solutions are consistent with the project design and are developed and produced.
- Develop and represent lead technical viewpoint on projects.
- Portray conceptual design ideas and prepare presentation and design drawings.
- Provide technical solutions to design dilemmas.
- Prepare, correct and update documents during Schematic Design, Design Development, CD and CA phases.
- Must have hotel renovation experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the hospitality design industry, including a working knowledge of equipment and materials, space requirements, and design standards and principles.
- Expert interior architectural detailing skills.
- Advanced AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of Revit Architecture software and 3D software packages such as Sketch-Up, Rhino, and 3D Studio Max.
- Knowledgeable of building systems, building codes and ADA requirements.
- Sound documentation and field observation skills.
- Good command of MS Office applications.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
Design Search Associates, www.designsearchassociates.com
30/03/2013 :: Mid-Level and Junior Architect
di Domenico + Partners, LLP, was established as an interdisciplinary partnership to provide services in Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design. The firm is dedicated to providing quality planning and design services. di Domenico + Partners, a midsized NYC Architecture/Landscape Architecture Design firm seeks:
Mid-Level Architect: 5 to 10 years of experience
Candidate should have experience in all phases of design, including: Concept, DD, CD’s & CA. Licensure is required. Candidate should be proficient in AutoCAD and have knowledge of BIM (Revit and Bentley Architecture). Interest in business development is desired.
Junior Architect: 2 to 4 years of experience
Candidate should have experience in concept design and preparation of construction drawings. Bentley Microstation experience is a plus. BIM project experience (Bentley Architecture and/or Revit), Adobe Suite and Rendering Programs such as 3D Max and Rhino are required.
Projects include: sustainable master planning and design, K-12 schools, higher-ed and design of large scale public projects (stations, depots and convention centers). Send resumes to email
30/03/2013 :: Architectural Renderer / Designer
Medium-sized architecture firm is seeking an Architectural Renderer/Designer with specialization in rendering and visualization. The position requires excellent design skill and will provide the opportunity to participate in the creation of design and presentation renderings during the SD-DD stages of the project. The best candidate will have a demonstrated enthusiasm for environmental stewardship and will be able to capture the vision of our firm.
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- 1 to 3 years professional experience.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture.
- Excellent 3D Studio Max modeling and V-Ray rendering skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe CS Suite required; Revit and SketchUp a plus.
- Experience working on all phases of design.
- Strong creative skills and technical background.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and organized, with strong graphic and communication skills.
COOKFOX Architects is a New York City studio dedicated to a vision of integrated, environmentally responsive design. Guided by a passion for design excellence and a belief in the collaborative process, COOKFOX seeks out select projects that fundamentally re-think how buildings interact with people and the natural environment. Starting with intensive research, we seek to understand each project in its natural, cultural, and contemporary context, so that our work may express the ideals and identity of a given client, time, and place. Inspired by concepts such as biophilia and biomimicry, we are pursuing architecture that restores and regenerates the urban environment.
Please submit resume and portfolio along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email
with “Architectural Renderer/Designer” in the subject line. Please do not send attachments exceeding 4 MB. Responses without cover letter will be discarded without review. No phone calls, please.