01/07/2013 :: Architect
Gannett Fleming Architects & Engineers, Inc. a subsidiary of Gannett Fleming, Inc. is a full-service architectural firm that is owned and managed by highly skilled and talented professionals who combine many years of individual experience and have been practicing since the 1970s. With our technically competent and proficient staff, we provide complete in-house quality architectural, engineering planning, design, and construction phase services.
Our South Plainfield, NJ Office is currently seeking an Architect with 5-8 years experience to join the Practice. This is an excellent growth opportunity for a licensed architect or a professional that is preparing to be licensed. The architect will provide services to a wide variety of public and private sector projects, including but not limited to corporate, pharmaceutical labs, corporate interiors, institutional, and other types of public works projects.
The individual will performs detailed phases of architectural design work for a project of moderate size and complexity (e.g., a single-structure facility requiring occasional interface and collaboration with various engineering disciplines).
The individual must be fully competent in all conventional aspects of architectural design and be capable of planning and conducting tasks requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard architectural design techniques, procedures, and criteria. A working knowledge and experience of LEED design principals is desired but not required. Also some marketing or business development experience would be highly desired.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Utilizes AutoCAD and Revit to prepare architectural working drawings and related project documents.
- Ability to prepare schematic designs, design development, and construction documents.
- Ability to develop design and construction details/documents; write specifications; perform code reviews; and process and review construction submittals.
- Conducts site and construction inspections for information gathering purposes, preparing interpretive reports for management disposition.
- Compiles information for proposal preparation.
- May assist in planning, scheduling, coordinating, and overseeing the work of lower-level architects who assist with particular projects.
- Utilize Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project/Primavera schedule software.
- Communicate effectively with team, consultants, vendors, and clients.
- Bachelor of Architecture Degree is required.
- Candidate must be licensed or on the path to being licensed.
- LEED AP/GA is preferred but not required.
- Understanding of time requirements for project tasks.
- Experience in a broad range of project types is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, and Sketch-up including modeling and documentation.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with clients.
- Efficient, thorough, detail oriented, and dedicated to quality work.
- Willing to work on multiple fast paced projects.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No agencies please. Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Gannett Fleming, www.gannettfleming.com
01/07/2013 :: Project Architect
This multi-award winning architectural practice is experiencing a continued increase in workload and therefore need to recruit a talented qualified Architect with proven technical skills for their friendly team based in north-west London.
They urgently require an ARB registered Architect who is totally Microstation literate and possesses a proven track record within the UK residential market to work on a high profile housing scheme. You will be expected to work on all stages so a sound mix of design and technical skills is required to undertake this role. A number of their projects are currently at working drawing stage so initially you will be heavily involved with the production information side but this role will definitely develop into something more juicy.
This office is a fantastic place to develop your career and with an outstanding track record behind them they offer the ideal opportunity to work on an array of exciting residential/mixed use developments.
If you feel you have the experience needed for this position then please send your CV and work examples to email
01/07/2013 :: Junior Architect
Small Architecture Studio in Westport, CT is looking for a Junior Architect and/or recent grad with 0-3 year's relevant experience. The firm specializes in small to medium sized commercial / retail projects in the New York and Connecticut areas. We are looking for someone with an understanding of architectural design and is interested in all aspects of professional practice
S/he should be organized, thorough and able to work independently.
- Documenting existing conditions.
- Creating schematic models in Archicad and SketchUp.
- Research code and zoning requirements.
- Researching building products.
- Producing construction drawings and architectural details.
- Rendering for marketing and presentation purposes.
- Proficiency in ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, Adobe CS, Sketchup and Microsoft office is desired.
- Graduation from an accredited school of architecture or interior architecture required. Knowledge and interest in rendering techniques is a plus.
Please submit a resume, portfolio and cover letter to email
01/07/2013 :: Urban Designer
With an enviable range of projects designed and delivered globally, this firm have a diverse portfolio of work and have a strong reputation with clients not only here in the Gulf but around the world.
Currently they are looking to invite candidates for the role of a Mid Level Urban Designer to apply. This person will work closely with senior designers to develop architectural drawings, urban development presentation materials and powerpoint documents to be presented I to clients. Also will provide site analysis material specification, infrastructure study analysis of large mixed use masterplan sites.
Interfacing with other designers to develop the project over the project stages.
- This individual will have around 3-6 years experience post Graduation of a Bachelor Degree in Urban Design.
- Ideally this person will be based in the UAE with project portfolio demonstrating exposure to large mixed use masterplan projects.
- Excellent communication skills, English – written and oral, is required to interact with external parties and client bodies.
- A strong sense of design and masterplanning is necessary with the ability to interact positively within this team orientated environment.
- Expertise in AutoCAD, Revit, GIS applications are required.
- Hard working mentality with the ability to add to this pleasant working environment will be key.
- This is a enviable opportunity to work within one of the worlds top Design firms.
Please contact Celie Jones on email
01/07/2013 :: Intermediate Interior Designer
The Intermediate Interior Designer will work with project teams on Corporate Interiors projects from the Pre-Schematic Phase through construction documents. Tasks include small scale space planning, a working knowledge of FF&E specifications, millwork detailing and creation of construction documents and presentations.
- Reporting to the Principal responsible for the individual market sector, the Intermediate Interior Designer will produce program documents, complete space planning and test fitting exercises, furniture and finish selection/specification and budgeting, prepare for and participate in client presentations, casework and custom millwork detailing, and have complete documentation skills consistent with the firm’s commitment to design and quality.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Corporate Interiors project experience.
- Knowledge of finishes, furniture systems and ancillary furnishings.
- Understanding of the basic principles of space planning.
- Ability to develop, communicate and present design concepts to their team.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD are required. Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Max, Sketch-up, InDesign and other related design software Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Master or Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent.
- LEED accreditation is a plus.
- NCIDQ accreditation is preferred.
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume, portfolio and salary history as one file no larger than 5 MB, Adobe PDF preferred but Word is acceptable to email
. No phone calls please.
Email Reference: Stamford – Intermediate Interior Designer.
Internal Number: STA-IID 06272013