27/06/2013 :: Intermediate Architect
Pfeiffer Partners Architects, Inc. is a design focused practice of architects, interior designers and planners with offices in Los Angeles and New York City. We work nationally and internationally with an emphasis on cultural, arts, and educational projects for public and private clients.
Pfeiffer Partners is currently seeking a creative Intermediate Architect for our Los Angeles office to support the firmís continued growth.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Architectural degree from an accredited program.
- 4-8 years of relevant architectural experience in cultural, institutional, and educational work.
- Excellent design and graphic skills, with the ability to conceptualize and design complex projects from the pre-design through construction documents phases.
- Advanced digital modeling & rendering skills; physical model-making skills are a plus.
- Self motivated; ability to manage time well and work towards deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English and valid work status in the U.S.
- Experience working in the context of multidisciplinary project teams.
- Working knowledge of Revit, AutoCad, Sketchup, Rhino, Adobe Suite, and/or other design related software is considered essential.
- California architectural licensure is preferred.
- Working with the Design Principal and Principal in Charge, the successful applicant will lead & assist in design efforts on projects of multiple scales. Candidate will demonstrate a high degree of creative thinking in the design process, and be able to effectively communicate design ideas both verbally and graphically.
- Develop presentations using physical and digital tools.
- Work directly and effectively with clients, consultants, vendors and contractors.
- The successful applicant will be able to work constructively in a team-oriented environment, provide mentorship, and manage junior design staff.
Pfeiffer Partners offers competitive salaries, benefit programs and profit sharing.
Please send your resume to email
, with "Intermediate Architect-LA' in the subject line.
27/06/2013 :: Mid-Level and Junior Architect
di Domenico + Partners, LLP, was established as an interdisciplinary partnership to provide services in Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design. The firm is dedicated to providing quality planning and design services. di Domenico + Partners seeks:
Mid-Level Architect: 5 to 10 years of experience
Candidate should have experience in all phases of design, including: Concept, DD, CDís & CA. Licensure is required. Candidate should be proficient in AutoCAD; BIM experience a plus. Candidate will be expected to participate in business development efforts.
Junior Architect: 3+ years of experience
Candidate should have experience in concept design and preparation of construction drawings. Bentley Microstation experience is a plus. BIM project experience (Bentley Architecture and/or Revit), Adobe Suite and Rendering Programs such as 3Ds Max and Rhino are required.
Projects include: sustainable master planning and design, K-12 schools, higher-ed and design of large scale public projects (transit stations, depots and convention centers).
27/06/2013 :: Experienced Interior Designer
We are looking for a qualified Interior Designer with a minimum of 3yrs + experience in the Sports and Leisure sector. The role will be to write NBS specifications, specify suitable products/materials, create presentation mood boards, produce detailed AutoCAD drawings, Hand-sketch and photoshoped internal perspectives and 3D software modelling.
The successful candidate must have the following skills:
- Self-starter with the ability, Using your own initiative.
- Potential client presentations.
- Strong design and technical ability.
- AutoCAD skills.
- Adobe Photoshop PS, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Acrobat knowledge.
- High standard mood board presentation skills.
- Working remotely from Team leaders in London.
- Report to lead Interior Designer/ Project Architect.
- NBS specification capable.
- Hand-sketch perspectives.
- Sketch-up proficient.
- Quick turn-around capability for project deadlines.
- A high level knowledge of products and materials.
- Knowledge of Revit would be considered an advantage.
If you consider that you may be suitable for this post, please forward your CV along with samples of your recent work to email
Closing date for applications: 24th August 2013.
27/06/2013 :: Planner III Urban Designer / Architect
Under direction, the Planner III: Urban Designer/Architect performs complex planning work relating to the design of the built environment. This position is responsible for providing professional architectural and urban design review of development proposals; developing architectural and urban design guidelines for a variety of land uses and building types; participating in design review advisory groups, advising Department Staff on technical knowledge of the Building Code, Green Building Ordinance, building material and construction methodology and cost; providing architectural design expertise to assist in the development of proposed long-range policy and planning initiatives regarding the built environment; and performing other duties as assigned.
The essential functions of the Planner III: Urban Designer/Architect include (but are not limited to):
- Participating in design review of development proposals.
- Coordinating updates to existing urban design and architectural design guidelines and development of new design guidelines as needed.
- Providing technical knowledge of the Building Code, Green Building Ordinance, zoning codes, building material and construction methodology and cost.
- Supervising or assisting in the supervision of a planning group engaged in professional planning work and may act as project manager if needed.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited four year college or university AND four (4) years (8,000 hours) of verifiable full-time-equivalent experience in an urban, city, and/or regional and/or other related planning environment (such as transportation planning, environmental planning, architecture or urban design);
- Possession of a masterís degree from an accredited college or university in City, Regional or Urban Planning, or a closely related field such as Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Geography, Urban Studies or Environmental Studies AND two (2) years (4,000 hours) of verifiable full-time-equivalent experience in an urban, city, and/or regional and/or other related planning environment (such as transportation planning, environmental planning, architecture or urban design).
- Higher-level degree or certificate, or 4+ years of professional experience in urban design, place making, or related field concerning the design of the urban environment.
- Registered Professional Architect in the State of California.
- Possession of LEED AP certification.
- Knowledge of local (San Francisco) Building Code, Planning Code, and Design Guidelines.
- 4+ years of practical experience in the design of residential and commercial buildings.
How to pply:
To view the complete job announcement and to apply for this position, please visit link
City and County of San Francisco
27/06/2013 :: Senior Architect
We are seeking a senior architect to supervise project teams. Our current projects include high-rises, mixed-use developments and cultural projects. There's the possibility that the candidate should have to move between Barcelona and China sometimes.
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess bachelorís or higher degree in Architecture.
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience, especially valuable those that have participated and completed large scale projects at top tier international design firms.
- Be extremely professional, possess strong communication skills and experienced in execution phases- especially that in Schematic Design, Design Development.
- Be a strong leader, can directly design teams well to ensure overall design quality and scheduling.
- Be well versed in AutoCAD, Sketchup and Photoshop is essential. Abilities in 3D Max, InDesign and Illustrator will be positively valued.
- Fluent in English is essential.
- Can keep up with the fast paced work environment and deal with obstacles and tight deadlines with a positive attitude. The candidate should also be out-going, strong communicator and able to multi-task when he/she is required to do so.
- Strong design abilities.
Please submit applications with CV (in English) and Portfolio to email
and use job title as email subject, no phone calls please.