08/06/2013 :: Intermediate Architectural Designer
WCA is an award-winning / published architecture and interior design firm in downtown Manhattan, seeking a mid-level architectural designer. Majority of our work is executing high end residential design (from ground up construction to loft renovations to townhouses), in addition we have commercial clients and have a furniture / accessory line.
The designer will act as team member under the direction of the Project Manager or Senior Designer and will collaborate with principle, with fluctuating oversight. He or she is a team member in the design of a project from its origin and delivery of the design from conceptualization, through development, coordination, documentation and execution in the field.
The Intermediate Designers core responsibilities are:
- As part of the team, prepare designs to meet the clients program, quality objectives, project constraints, and execution of the firms design vocabulary and philosophy, with limited supervision required.
- Provide material research, programing diagrams, design presentations including mood boards, quick 3D hand sketching as required.
- Assist on the development of the whole design of the project according to the design intent, client goals and senior directives.
- Reviewing documents to ensure they incorporate the design intent.
- Assist junior designers.
- Represent WCA and the design in consultant coordination meetings.
- Participate in design coordination within WCA, i.e. between architecture, decorators and graphics, and between Owners consultants and WCA.
- Coordination with vendors and manufacturers.
- Part of the team creating and delivering presentations based on the WCA’s standards for presentations and contract documents.
- Provide the production and delivery of quality and timely sets of contract documents being drawings, specifications, sample boards, reports as required for each unique project.
- Review own work for corrections, improvement and overall interest.
- Responding to RFI’s and interpreting the contract documents to ensure the design intent is met.
- Reviewing submittals, shop drawings, substitutions and field conditions for conformance with design intent.
- Attending and reporting on field visits.
- Conducting punch lists reviews.
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
- BA/BS required. A minimum of three (3) years' experience at an architecture or interior design firm, preferably in NYC high end residential / commercial exposure.
- Strong skills in creating a BID set and CD set with clear understanding of detailing.
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD; Fluency in Sketch up and 3DMax is a desirable.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, proactive and multi-tasking environment.
- An important aspect of this position is having a discerning eye for design. Interest in and experience in high end modern residential.
- A range of conceptual and technical design skill sets yet with a strong tendency towards design and conceptualization.
If you meet the above requirements, please send to email
your resume, 3 email references, portfolio samples as PDF attachments (maximum 5MB) and your salary request. Applications without these attachments will not be considered.
08/06/2013 :: Intermediate Architect
Diller Scofidio + Renfro is a New York City based architectural firm founded by Elizabeth Diller and Ricardo Scofidio. They are particularly well known for their interdisciplinary approach to architecture. Their influence stems as much, if not more, from their contributions to the theory and criticism of architecture as from their built works. These are sometimes in the form of written work, but more often are in the form of installation art, video art or electronic art.
Diller Scofidio + Renfro is seeking intermediate level architects with exceptional design ability and Revit expertise for immediate employment. Candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Professional Degree.
- Minimum of 10 years architecture experience working on complex projects.
- Minimum of 5 years experience using Revit.
- Ability to Design and maintain project-specific Revit standards and object libraries.
- Experience completing at least one project in Revit.
- Must also be proficient in Rhino and 3Ds Max.
- Strong design skills required.
Cover letter, resume, minimum of 2 references with contact information, and portfolio in PDF format of maximum 10MB should be submitted by email
. Be sure to indicate your specific involvement in each project in your portfolio. Please include the position title "Intermediate Architect - Revit" in the subject line. Please limit correspondence to email at this time.
08/06/2013 :: Project Architects
Stephen Davy Peter Smith Architects is an award winning practice based in London and we are looking for experienced, highly motivated and organised individuals to join our team.
Project Architects RIBA Part 3 with minimum three years post qualification experience.
You will be required to work on projects at planning and construction stages. We are looking for a sound knowledge of UK construction, an understanding of building regulations and the ability to produce quality technical and production drawings.
All positions require excellent communication and presentation skills. Good/advanced knowledge of Vectorworks or Revit, SketchUp and hand drawing is essential.
To apply, please forward your CV, examples of your work together with a covering letter.
08/06/2013 :: Project Architect
We are looking for a creative, talented and team-oriented project architect. You should be passionate about design, work well with people, and communicate your ideas and approach in a clear and thoughtful manner. You will work collectively with our dynamic firm to develop innovative, thoughtful, and technical solutions for a range of client and project types.
Requirements and skills:
- Strong design and graphic skills.
- Ability to manage project teams, project budget, and workplan.
- Experience in organizing design and construction documentation.
- Highly organized, with an eye for detail, strong technical skills, and problem solving.
- Strong and respectful verbal and written skills; within the office, to consultants, contractors and clients.
- A commitment to responsibility, integrity, and accuracy.
- Revit 2012.
- 3D modeling programs and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Legal working status in the United States.
- Registered Architect.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Who we are:
Our work environment is collaborative, sometimes hectic, but always positive. We’re an award-winning firm whose team members are fun, family-oriented, and good at what they do. Our projects have been featured in a variety of publications from architect magazine to The Wall Street Journal.
KSS Architects is an architecture, planning, and interior design firm with offices in Philadelphia and Princeton. Since our founding in 1983, we have built an impressive portfolio of work for clients who are leaders in education, land development, commercial real estate, and corporate environments.
We founded our practice on the strength of a collegial approach to problem solving. Since then, an expanding circle of clients in a variety of markets has relied on our dedication, creativity, and ability to bring a project to successful, timely completion. The proof is in our growing body of acclaimed designs, ranging from research laboratories to inner-city revitalization to large-scale industrial complexes.
Salary: Based on experience.
Instructions: Send resume and portfolio to email
. Portfolio must not exceed four pages and 2 MB in size. Online portfolios will not be reviewed.
Pamela Lucas Rew, AIA, Partner
08/06/2013 :: Interior Designer
Bettisworth North Architects and Planners needs an Interior Designer Project Manager for our Anchorage office. For those who are looking for relevance in their professional lives, for a firm that will provide an opportunity to be actively involved in community development, and for a place where your work makes a difference, our progressive firm seeks design professionals for long-term employment.
Individuals will actively participate in the firm’s collaborative design process, working actively with clients, staff, consultants, and community members in a number of diverse and exciting building and community development projects.
Prior work experience and Revit, Photoshop and SketchUp 3D proficiency preferred. Competitive salary, full benefits.
Send resume to email
, Attn: Roy Rountree.