07/06/2013 :: Project Architect
WeWork is the country's fastest-growing boutique office community. We are revolutionizing the traditional definition of work place by providing a collaborative and creative environment where innovative businesses and individuals can flourish. We provide all the basics, so companies can focus their efforts on what they do best. With 7 buildings in Manhattan, two in San Francisco, one in LA and several others in the works, WeWork is an extraordinary company to be a part of.
We are currently in search of a Project Architect with 3-5 years experience to work with our in house architecture department. Must be excellent at putting together complete, concise, and detailed construction document sets. The ideal candidate will work well in a team and be able to manage several production staff and outside consultants. Know how to manage production schedules, prioritizing information to quickly form deliverables. This is a great opportunity of has complete knowledge of how a construction document set goes together and is looking for more responsibility, design freedom, and the hunger to create amazing spaces and revolutionize the definition of workspace.
Please make sure you've reviewed our website and truly understand what we do before you apply.
- Be able to drive document production on a project from initiation to completion.
- Be able to manage production staff and prioritize assignments.
- Be rigorous about clearly and completely documenting construction such that it gets priced appropriately, built correctly, and minimizes RFI or clarifications needed in the field during construction.
- Be able to handle RFIís, Submittals, and Shop drawings quickly and efficiently.
- Be able to redline progress documents and identify deficiencies in drawings and details to ensure all the proper information is clearly being conveyed to the contractor.
- Be an expert in AutoCAD/Revit drafting and be able to draw construction details.
- Be confident in his/her abilities.
- Be comfortable working at a rapid pace.
- Have the willingness to work weekends and evenings occasionally.
- Be very organized.
- Be able to represent design ideas in 3D (either through software or sketching).
- Be familiar with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator).
- Have working knowledge of lighting/door/hardware; schedules, sourcing, logistics, ordering, organization.
- Be comfortable in Excel.
- Proficient in Revit a plus.
- Be familiar with building & ADA codes.
- Be able to work in the US legally.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Dependable and possess solid work history and references.
This Project Architect will be involved in project(s) from start to finish, and will work directly with the Architectural Project Managers, Construction Project Managers, Project Interior Designers, outside consultants (MEP, Structural), the local Architect of Record, and expeditor(s).
If you think you meet these qualifications, please let us know. Send Cover letter describing why you would be a good fit for the job, Resume, and Samples of your work in a PDF no larger than 3mb to email
use the Subject line "RE: Project Architect Position".
07/06/2013 :: Junior Landscape Designer
Miranda Brooks Landscape Design, a small landscape design firm based in Brooklyn, is looking for a full-time Junior Landscape Designer to add to their team. Our firm specializes in high-end private gardens both in the United States and abroad. All applicants should be highly motivated, with experience in collaborative work, and have a detail-oriented approach in their execution of tasks.
Job candidate must have:
- At least a bachelorís degree in Architecture or Landscape Architecture.
- 2 years minimum office experience in a design firm.
- Excellent graphic skills, as well as sketching, and hand drawing abilities.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office.
- A highly organized and thorough approach to work.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and act as support staff to senior colleagues.
- Strong oral and communication skills.
We ask qualified applicants to send a resume, cover letter, and 2-4 portfolio pages to the email address below in a single PDF document. All attachments should be no larger than 4MB.
We will be accepting applications through July 2013.
07/06/2013 :: Architect
Studio RHE are looking for a highly motivated and excellent design Architect to join their busy London office in Old Street. The successful candidate will work on a broad range of UK and International projects.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic creative all rounder to join the practice. The candidate will work closely with the Director, Associate Directors and other architects in the practice.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Part II or above.
- Excellent all round architectural design skills.
- Excellent Vectorworks skills.
- Ability to use ArchiCAD.
- Self motivated, reliable and accurate.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in busy office environment.
The salary will be agreed upon appointment, and is dependent upon level of experience.
If you think you meet these requirements then please send a CV and selected portfolio of work in PDF format to email
Please only apply if you are currently residing in the UK and able to attend an interview in London.
07/06/2013 :: Architect Designers
ArchiBat HR is looking for Architect Designers fluent in English for a famous large size architectural firm with more than 30 years of successful Architecture practice in China to join one of their Shenzhen, Shanghai or Beijing Branch. Considered as one of the most successful Architectural firm in China with more than 500 employees and offices located in various China cities, they focus on large scale hotel, office building and residential projects. They are now looking for talented designers from overseas to extend their international Architecture department to work on prestigious Architecture Design competitions in China.
- Bachelor in Architecture or above.
- Various level Architect designers from Intermediate to Senior level: 5-20 years or working experience.
- Strong experience in hotel, office building and residential building projects (previous China experience is a plus).
- Excellent concept design skills.
- Fluency in English is a must, Mandarin language not necessary but some basic knowledge would be appreciated.
- German Language abilities and/or German education strongly appreciated.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills a must.
Please send resume and portfolio at email
or register on our website to have access to more job opportunities in Mainland China, HK and SG.
07/06/2013 :: Senior Hotel Designer
A 5 star luxury, design hospitality firm is looking for a Senior Hotel Designer to join their office in London. The firm has a reputation for producing stunning, award-winning projects. With their growing success, they are looking for a talented Senior Hotel Designer with extensive hospitality experience.
The ideal individual must have proven hospitality experience; strong concepts combined with great communication skills, ideally having worked in an international design firm, with a proven track record of high-end hospitality work.
You must be a strong team player who can show evidence of being able to contribute to the direction of any given project. Having a curious mind and creative talents are required along with a multitude of skill sets ranging from freehand sketching, concept work and strong evidence of CAD work. An exciting opportunity for someone looking to move onto a senior creatively led position within a world-renowned, design-focused studio.
If interested in this Senior Hospitality Designer position, please send your CV and work samples to Deborah DíSilva