22/05/2013 :: Junior Architect
Haute Architecture is a boutique architectural firm focusing on high end residential design primarily in the New York Metro area. Our scope of work ranges from substantial alterations to new construction. We are looking for creative individuals with at least 2 years of relevant work experience to join our dynamic firm. Experience with construction documents required for junior architect position. 3D modeling and rendering capabilities is a plus (specifically AutoCAD, Sketchup, or 3Ds Max).
Since we are licensed to practice architecture in the State of New York, we can provide IDP mentor-ship.
Please send a CV and a 5 page pdf portfolio of selected work to email
22/05/2013 :: Intermediate Architect
Talented intermediate architect with minimum 5 years experience in architectural / interior design for medium scale commercial, institutional, retail and educational projects in NYC metropolitan area. High-end design, contemporary aesthetic within mid-size team oriented professional practice.
Candidate for this career opportunity to posess the following qualifications:
Advanced knowledge of architectural drafting and understand architectural / interior design projects. CAD skills and technical skills required for efficient project implementation. Assist project team to refine construction details and complete construction documents. Conduct business in a professional manner, support collaborative team effort with ability to make accurate independent decisions a self-starter.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and familiar with CAD standards and conventions.
- Understand good design, depth of knowledge in details, materials and techniques.
- Develop design details in keeping with the project design free-hand & CAD.
- Ability to make intelligent recommendations, as they relate to the parameters of a project.
- Ability to complete an entire set of construction documents under team-leaders direction.
- Interested in reviewing sets completed by others, ie: 'peer-review'.
- Self-check completed documentation and correct prior to senior team leader review.
- Knowledgeable in barrier-free design requirements and general NYC code requirements.
- Basic jobsite construction experience: shop-drawings review, field reports, sketches, punch list, etc.
- Effectively direct construction teams and manage construction administration phase.
- Lead project to completion, in keeping with project design and aesthetic.
Communication & presentation skills:
Easily communicate with in-house team members, client representatives, consultants and other professionals at large. Skills commensurate to lead the design and the project implementation, both in-house and on site. Knowledge of MSWord & Excel, a must.
A Plus: Develop 3D drawings Sketch-up / AutoCAD Viz, etc.
If your experience is commensurate with these requirements and interested in being considered for this full time position, please send a cover letter describing how you qualify for this position. Include a copy of your resume and your portfolio (one pdf no larger than 6 MB) showing your work.
PS: Candidates will be tested for software proficiency and must verify their ability to legally work in the US.
22/05/2013 :: 3D Architectural Visualizer
Our office in Shanghai is currently looking for experienced 3D Architectural Visualizers. The atmosphere within the office is open, international, multidisciplinary and ambitious, but also friendly with attention to personal development and career planning.
- 2-3 years of experience as a 3D Architectural Visualizer.
- Fluent English communication skills.
- Excellent rendering skills, with strong aesthetic and creative vision.
- Innate attention to detail and lighting, and technical expertise in a range of visualization toolsț
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environmentț
- Strong proficiency in V-Ray, 3ds Max, Cinema4D, Lumion, etc.
- Experience producing 3d animations and using video editing softwareț
- 3D modeling skills in Rhinoceros an advantageț
- Excellent post-production skills using Photoshop, etc.
- Architectural background a plusț
This position is for full-time employment in Shanghai only. Freelancers, consultants, and rendering companies need not apply.
Working conditions are according to Chinese legislation. Applications consisting of ashort motivation letter ,C.V. and portfolio can be sent digitally (PDF, max. 10mb) to Feely Pan at email
Please include both interior and exterior renderings, and clearly indicate the software/tools used and the degree of involvement for each sample of work.
22/05/2013 :: Project Interior Designer
Our client, a leading Interior Design firm specialising in high-end hospitality projects, is urgently looking to recruit a Project Designer. You will have a wealth of experience in hospitality projects including hotels, club houses and resorts. Experience in Residential development projects and show flats would also be considered.
- University / College degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience in hospitality/clubhouse design.
- Highly creative and have the ability to generate new design concepts.
- Focused, well-organized, positive attitude, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proactive and able to work independently and in a team.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office and Photoshop.
- Fluency in English and Cantonese; Mandarin is an advantage.
For more information on this excellent opportunity please get in touch with Fong Yip. Email your updated CV with PDF portfolio examples (under 5MB) to email
22/05/2013 :: Senior Interior Designer
Job Location: Singapore, Internationalț
- Extensive experience and ability in the use of AutoCad, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Extensive experience and ability in interior design and, graphic design concepts such as, but not limited to hand sketch case work, vignette scenes, hand coloring, rendering interior drawings, area take offs and shop drawings.
- Extensive proficiency and understanding of FFE Quantity Matrices.
- Extensive proficiency and understanding of imperial and metric measuring and drawing.
- The ability and experience in independently designing major areas within the hotel and or commercial interior design project arena and have skills for multi management of projects.
- Extensive proficiency and understanding in creating profiles and construction interior details, including millwork and casework.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable in interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors and internal staff.
- The ability to coordinate, delegate, give feedback, and mentor subordinates regarding their work and professional development.
- The ability to take on a leadership role with subordinates and project team.
- The ability to understand and implement complex concepts, practices, and procedures within the interior design field.
- Extensive knowledge of translating design concepts into building assemblies.
- Interior Space Planning.
- Imagery identification.
- Furnishing layouts.
- Freehand sketches/detailing.
- Furnishing, color & material boards.
- Product resource and research for specifications.
- Rendered plans and elevations.
- Cost Estimating.
- Coordinates project teamwork with staff and related consultants.
- Furniture, Fixtures & Accessories specifications.
- Shop Drawing review.
- Client presentation skills.
- Construction administration for interior detailing.
- Construction administration for Furniture Fixtures & Accessories.
- Purchase order review.
- Familiar with hotel design programs, operators design standards and general rules of thumb.
Design Search Associates offers a cash finders fee if you refer a candidate to us and we place that candidate in a position.
Design Search Associates, www.designsearchassociates.com